Solid State amps, are they going to be here someday?

What was that about free speech? Oh yeah... I guess you meant only if it meets your criteria.
The free speech was about his "request", which you obviously knew. Free speech, where one attacks someone else (like you are) does NOT come under my opinion of free speech. I have been guilty myself before. But hey, have fun----You are the man!

My point is that those models appeal to me enough to own the Helix, not that I gotta get em all. I love indie/stoner rack/doom and the nasty, unrefined tones they use
Can't you just go buy a Randall at that point is what I'm wondering. Can find the new heads they make currently used for like 400$

Can't you just go buy a Randall at that point is what I'm wondering. Can find the new heads they make currently used for like 400$
My initial post was to make the point that there is a market for more niche amps, it’s not as big as the F/M/V style tube amp crowd but it’s out there. I’m not saying people should go buy a Helix to get Randall tones but if it’s really important to them, Amplitube can be had at a decent price nowadays (200 bucks) and comes with a great cabinet selection.

Last edited:
Got me trying to guess what it would be now.

Sadly, once everyone has a cerebral cortex neural implant it will be old fashioned that you even needed instruments. Just think your music and out it comes.

Of course 98% of it will still be utter toilet fodder - even with an "AI Producer" improving the result. Why? Beacause the AI producer will have been trained on the 98% of music that is utter toilet fodder.

Yes.. and fenders are now 10x more expensive while a vs100 is half the price on the used market (150) now. don't ask me why!😝 people bring them to sit on them at a swap meet now haha

It was my mini troll

So when are we all going to meet up at the local Denny's parking lot to show off our amps?

We could do cars too, but nice cars get in the way of amp budget. Source: own a Trainwreck and drive a Ford Pinto.

Back
Top Bottom