So rare not to see people clamoring for new firmware.....

I can't imagine what Fractal could do at this point that would make me enjoy my Axe-Fx II any more than I enjoy it now. Really. I'm pretty content.
This. Quantum has seriously up'd the game IMO. Even if there's another edition of Quantum in the works, not sure I'd feel the need to do it - unless it comes with a 30-year old Macallan scotch or an '07 Silver Oak Napa Valley Cab.

This. Quantum has seriously up'd the game IMO. Even if there's another edition of Quantum in the works, not sure I'd feel the need to do it - unless it comes with a 30-year old Macallan scotch or an '07 Silver Oak Napa Valley Cab.

Or perhaps some 23 year old Elijah Craig :)

I can't imagine what Fractal could do at this point that would make me enjoy my Axe-Fx II any more than I enjoy it now. Really. I'm pretty content.

This maybe:
talentboost.jpg

Every firmware has been great. But this is entirely on a different level...and has raised my playing level along with it.

It's been many generations of firmware ago that I felt like the AxeFx was a limiting factor in my tone. Honestly, I don't know if I've ever felt that way. Each new iteration just makes me realize how much unexplored potential exists in the box. I love all the new firmwares and I get excited when there's new features, especially non amp/cab related (because frankly, the amp/cab options are overwhelming and have been since about FW6 for me). The only things I really look forward to at this point are DAW integration (AAX, VST, AU plugins).

Back
Top Bottom