So M@ is sporting a shiny new 17 avatar

:shock :shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock....

Sir, here is late night. I can wait or can rest, to enjoy this precious tomorrow?

Thanks! This Team is terrific!!!!

Wow many surprises, additions, refinements, and cool new tone shaping tools for v17. I'm especially curious to try the new Character, Preamp, and EQ options. The BBD based Flanger and Chorus refinements promise to be interesting too..

FWhpjqf.jpg

Can't friggin' wait!.......I wish that I had sick days where I work. (Cough,Cough,sniffle)

Here are the release notes to whet your Pavlovian appetites:

Added preamp simulation to Cabinet block. The simulations recreate the sound of overdriven channel strips, preamps, tapes, etc. The Drive parameter controls the gain of the simulation. The Sat parameter controls the ratio of even/odd harmonics. The Preamp Mode parameter (on Page 2) allows selecting between Economy and High Quality modes. In High Quality mode oversampling is employed to prevent aliasing but this results in higher CPU usage.

Sorry if you answered this before, but if IRs already have preamp/channel saturation baked into them, would engaging this be redundant? Or is this the modeling of nonlinear characteristics of overdriven Pres?

Also would this be applied 'before' the IR or 'after'?

Here are the release notes to whet your Pavlovian appetites:

Added VU meters to Utility menu. The meters show the relative loudness of the channels. These readouts can be used to help set preset levels to the same apparent volume. For convenience the level of the Amp blocks can be set from this page. Also, the value of the Output Level knobs is displayed in this page for reference (note that this is only for reference and does not affect the VU meters as the measurement is prior to the Output Level potentiometers).

Not that that the other additions or corrections aren't cool enough, ('cause they certainly are)... but who else would implement VU's besides Cliff!:encouragement:

volume.gif
VU_meter_a.gif

Now how cool is that?

Added VU meters to Utility menu. The meters show the relative loudness of the channels. These readouts can be used to help set preset levels to the same apparent volume. For convenience the level of the Amp blocks can be set from this page
:chuncky:

I only bought the Axe Fx 2 XL a few days back (it hasn't even had time to get to my house yet) and I already have a firmware upgrade. That's goddamn impressive.

Judas H and Merry Christmas! - sounds awesome!

Me suspects a higher horsepower AxeFx comin soon since our current ride is gonna be red-linein given all dese new goodies champin up CPU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom