Smilefan says "Goodbye"!!

Thanks Smilefan. Your posts have been educational, entertaining and insightful... plus they sounded dayum good too :)

Good luck with your new job!

Richard

Thanks for all your contributions and good luck in your new venture. The world is already a better sounding place because of your efforts and I'm sure positive effects of your efforts will continue to multiply in your new job.

I've never gotten around to actually reading any of his patch threads... either way... thanks a bunch!

I have to be honest I have no loss in your patch building..people come and go.

But you gave of yourself and your time to help out others.

It says alot about you as a person, and that will be missed. Take care.

Thank you for your contributions to the forum Smilefan. I've lunched off a number of them.

All the best to ya!

Not much smiling from his fans today...but lots of good-lucks and well-wishes!

I've never gotten around to actually reading any of his patch threads... either way... thanks a bunch!

Mo,

Do yourself a favor a look back through the archives. He really went the extra-mile to make sure it was ALWAYS accurate/factual and EXTREMELY well-written! There's some great, witty, fun, informative, factual, useful information and presets/patches in which Smilefan provided wonderful insight and historical perspective of the sounds being emulated/created by the Axe-FX, while detailing how and why to use certain parameters/tools within the Axe-FX to re-create such typically vintage (but sometimes more modern) sounds!

Always a great and entertaining read, and Smilefan will be missed!

Bill

Last edited:
Wow... I was gonna say 'It's sad to see you go" but it really shouldn't be a sad thing as you got a great opportunity in your life! So.. CONGRATS!!! :)

As you have been a great help here, I'm sure you'll do a fine job on the other side of the fence! God bless and thanks for the parting gift. haha

I didn't know about that amp...

So... Alesis? M-Audio?
I don't know, Alesis is kind of interesting, but I do know that m-Audio is owned by AVID so I'd think that one is out due to 11R.

Honestly its kind of hard to figure out who's out there as a major player that hasn't gotten into the modelling business already. I'd have to try to re-read his post, but there's nothing in there that says that it has to be hardware based so if it was a software solution a whole lot of options open up for us to speculate about. :)

Darn, right before I was going to ask Smilefan for help with the rotary to get more of the classic Joe Walsh type sound...

Smilefan -- I'll add my thanks to all the others, your thread(s) were some of the first I'd look at every time I come here.

As for the mystery company, Carvin might be a good guess. They have just about everything except some type of modeling, and are located here in So Cal, as well. Other than that it could be one of the major rack companies like Eventide, or even someone like UAD (they dropped their Nigel 'modeler' quite a while ago, and have all that DSP power on their cards...)

TT

Back
Top Bottom