Smart Channel Function and LED Ring Lights

atquinn

Power User
This seems like a no brainer sort of thing people would want to be able to do with the FCs, but I don't know how to do it/if it's possible.

I have a clean preset that has Drive1/ChA as the Blues OD and Drive1/ChB as a fuzz.
I want to be able to setup foot pedals on the FC12 to access each of these as follows

Footswitch 1: Drive1/ChA
Footswitch 2: Drive1/ChB

Assume Drive1 is off when the preset loads.
1. If I tap FS1 when Drive1 is off, I want it to turn Drive1/ChA on regardless of what channel Drive1 is on at the time
2. If I tap FS2 when Drive1 if off, I want it to turn Drive1/ChB on regardless of what channel Drive1 is on at the time
3. If Drive1/ChA is on, Drive1 should turn off when I tap FS1
4. If Drive1/ChB is on, Drive1 should turn off when I tap FS2
5. If Drive1/ChA is on, Drive1 should stay on and switch to ChB when I tap FS2

Describing it is a bit involved, but it would be very intuitive in function. The question is, is this possible with the FCs?

Austin

This seems like a no brainer sort of thing people would want to be able to do with the FCs, but I don't know how to do it/if it's possible.

I have a clean preset that has Drive1/ChA as the Blues OD and Drive1/ChB as a fuzz.
I want to be able to setup foot pedals on the FC12 to access each of these as follows

Footswitch 1: Drive1/ChA
Footswitch 2: Drive1/ChB

Assume Drive1 is off when the preset loads.
1. If I tap FS1 when Drive1 is off, I want it to turn Drive1/ChA on regardless of what channel Drive1 is on at the time
2. If I tap FS2 when Drive1 if off, I want it to turn Drive1/ChB on regardless of what channel Drive1 is on at the time
3. If Drive1/ChA is on, Drive1 should turn off when I tap FS1
4. If Drive1/ChB is on, Drive1 should turn off when I tap FS2
5. If Drive1/ChA is on, Drive1 should stay on and switch to ChB when I tap FS2

Describing it is a bit involved, but it would be very intuitive in function. The question is, is this possible with the FCs?

Austin
Seems like your #1 & #3 contradict?

Check out Smart Bypass for Channel Select on page 29 of the manual.

This is exactly it! The Layout 4 switches are programmed to use Smart Bypass but it was not working for me because I had my Drive1 bypass tied to a controller. Once I removed that, it functioned correctly.

However, the ring light is not acting as described in the manual.
The LED ring is bright when the designated Channel is active, dim when it is not, and OFF if the effect assigned to the switch is not contained in the current preset.

The LED ring is bright whether Drive1 is active or not. Can someone with a FC confirm their lights are working as described in the manual?

The LED ring is bright when the designated Channel is active, dim when it is not, and OFF if the effect assigned to the switch is not contained in the current preset.

The LED ring is bright whether Drive1 is active or not. Can someone with a FC confirm their lights are working as described in the manual?
Re-read what the manual says and what you wrote.

It is bright when the CHANNEL is active, has nothing to do with whether the BLOCK is active.

Confused me to at first, too... ;)

Re-read what the manual says and what you wrote.

It is bright when the CHANNEL is active, has nothing to do with whether the BLOCK is active.

Confused me to at first, too... ;)

Ahh. Programming the lights like that doesn't make any sense at all though! :eek:

Ahh. Programming the lights like that doesn't make any sense at all though! :eek:
I agree, it's not what I would call intuitive.

But it is a channel control, not an effect control...

I would love to see an alternative scheme available for when Smart Bypass is used.

Not at all.

It seems in scenario #1, you want to tap FS1 and turn on Drive1 regardless if it’s on or off.

In #3 you want to tap FS1 to turn off Drive1 if it’s on?

I see the use....but yeah your right ...the wording is a trip

Back
Top Bottom