FM3 Sleep Walk

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
This is a song called Sleep walk done in 1959 from Santo &Johnny Farina…I’m doing the joe Satriani version . FM3 using Jazz 120 with super over drive… drive all the way down…recorded with my iPhone in Photo Booth…into Reaperand mixed down in DaVinci resolve…used my Ibanez JS 2400

I´m not good with cleanish tones, had to do a couple of over dubs in this one… all and all it came out ok 😎

Great job! I wished I could get comfortable with having a slide on my pinky finger.
Tell us a little on how you're using DaVinci Resolve? Is it strictly for video editing?

Last edited:
Great job! I love all versions of Sleep Walk! Joe did a nice job with it as you did as well.

What do you think of your JS? I recently picked up a JS-1200 and love it so far. I was going to get an RG-550 of some type just for the 80s vibe but realized I wouldn't bond with the Wizard neck. I've always loved the JS guitars but when I read they have more of a Strat-style neck I took the plunge and the 1200 seemed most up my alley.

Great job! I wished I could get comfortable with having a slide on my pinky finger.
Tell us a little on how you're using DaVinci Resolve? Is it strictly for video editing?
DaVinci resolve is like I movie ,but I think it’s alittle easier to use, you drag your video and than drag you audio from your files in to screen
that your working on to start your project, then you have to match your audio with your video. So DaVinci has an another screen you can select while your work on your project, I take my video from Photo Booth and remove the audio ,than i use the audio I make in reaper. Theres a learning curve but it works great. So DaVinci does audio and video, there are little objects at the bottom of DaVinci screen you can edit different things and the last one you render in . It’s great ,I use the free version

DaVinci resolve is like I movie ,but I think it’s alittle easier to use, you drag your video and than drag you audio from your files in to screen
that your working on to start your project, then you have to match your audio with your video. So DaVinci has an another screen you can select while your work on your project, I take my video from Photo Booth and remove the audio ,than i use the audio I make in reaper. Theres a learning curve but it works great. So DaVinci does audio and video, there are little objects at the bottom of DaVinci screen you can edit different things and the last one you render in . It’s great ,I use the free version
Thank you for the details. I had never heard of it.

Great job! I love all versions of Sleep Walk! Joe did a nice job with it as you did as well.

What do you think of your JS? I recently picked up a JS-1200 and love it so far. I was going to get an RG-550 of some type just for the 80s vibe but realized I wouldn't bond with the Wizard neck. I've always loved the JS guitars but when I read they have more of a Strat-style neck I took the plunge and the 1200 seemed most up my alley.
I love my JS , the neck is just right and the guitar is very versatile , it is a strat neck just shaved to Joes spec’s. Yes the newer 550’s and Genesis do have too thin of necks for my taste, but I just picked up a late 80’s 550 and the neck is thicker, I like it

Last edited:
Nice! How would you say the 80's 550 neck compares to the JS neck?
The 80’s 550 neck is thinner in width and thickness( I was surprised the 550 is thinner in width at the nut) 550=1.66. JS=1.68 . I had a reissue 550 and got rid of it cause it was so thin and wide.

Tone and playing is fantastic here. Well done!

The slide work was a nice take on the steel guitar in the original. You got that signature cry he does.

Tone and playing is fantastic here. Well done!

The slide work was a nice take on the steel guitar in the original. You got that signature cry he does.
I have to admit , there was a little bit of the slide on on the backing track

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom