Size me weight of the xitone active wedge

Hhuent

Experienced
I can't find the specs of the walling xitone active wedge. There is no relevant info on their website:
Weight? Size? Dispersion degrees?
Also, sold in Europe so no extra VAT?

Sorry for the headline. I meant size AND weight...

Hey Hhuent,

The active wedges are roughly 19.5" wide by 17" tall and 17" deep and weigh between 36-38lbs.

They have a 90degree dispersion and are FRFR up to over 15khz.

I sell only direct from the USA so I believe there would be extra VAT. :-(

Please do not hesitate to ask any further questions.

Thanks,

Mick

Passive wedge is the smallest and lightest solution I have found in a 12" speaker.
If you want a compact wedge....you cannot beat it.

thank you guys, thank you Mick. Big hugs ;-)
A pity they are not sold in Europe. How about talking to G66?
Mick, I read somewhere your offer includes 10" active wedges as well? If so, what would be their specs? Would the low end be a serious drawback compared to 12"ers? The smaller and the less weight, the better for me.

thank you guys, thank you Mick. Big hugs ;-)
A pity they are not sold in Europe. How about talking to G66?
Mick, I read somewhere your offer includes 10" active wedges as well? If so, what would be their specs? Would the low end be a serious drawback compared to 12"ers? The smaller and the less weight, the better for me.
I'm not trying to deter you from a 10"....but the 12" box is so small it looks like a box that would hold a 10". And it's super light (IMO). Hand down the easiest piece of gear I have to load.

Believe it or not the differences between a 10" and 12" are surprisingly small. The weight difference is only about .2kg difference in total as the magnet on the 10" is the same as the magnet on the 12"... same for 8"... and 15" (when they made them that is)

The size of the cabinet for active wedges is not a huge difference either as the size of the GM50 module dictates an enclosure large enough to hold it as well. It is smaller but not as small as you'd think.

Thanks BBN for your kind words! I try to make these things as small as possible and still have them be super durable!

Thanks pima for the nod! Much appreciated!

Thank you BBN and Mick,

I am testing a Dynacord axm active wedge right now (with a powerful dsp) and even if it is considered small and lighteight I still would like to have something smaller (also due to my shoulder injury). Spes are 33 lbs, 19" x 16.3" x 13.3" (l x w x h). I understand the Xitone 12" is bigger and 2 kgs heavier. Someone mentioned the Matrix FR10 but it is not for sale yet and no wedge.

Oh well, maybe I am asking to much...

I am getting ready to build some 10" wedges. I'll make sure to retain some specs and let you know. My goal is to build them as light as I can. :)

I am getting ready to build some 10" wedges. I'll make sure to retain some specs and let you know. My goal is to build them as light as I can. :)

Great reply, Mick! Let me know as soon as you´re ready ;-) PM always welcome. But I guess my fellow fractalites will be interested as well.

Back
Top Bottom