'Silent Presets' ~ What's happening?

Radley

Experienced
At random intervals, my MFC/AFX II setup is calling up silent/dead presets ~ no sound at all until I change presets, regardless of volume pedal settings. Needless to say, this is not good for a very fast-paced show like ours! Has anyone out there ever had such a problem? I'm using AFX II mode with one volume pedal. This has happened both with my original MFC and my new MFC III controller... Help!

Note: The preset stays dead even if I move my volume pedal after it's selected.

Last edited:
Hey Hadley, would you be able to PM me 2 or 3 of your presets (as long as they aren't XL units)? I'll keep them confidential, and I'll investigate if anything is going on at the preset level.

Check the "Initial Value" of your pedals in the presets that are having difficulty. And check to see if the initial value is "From Hardware". I'm away from my gear and documentation (for this week) so I can't quote you references. Check the External Pedals settings on the PRESETS page of MFC-Edit if you're using that program. Check the Beginning value "Beg." specifically of the Exp Pedal you have controlling the volume/level of the patch.

happens to me when I am switching through presets real fast. I typically switch to another presets wait a sec then switch back and it is fixed

Check the "PC Reset" value in modifiers you may be using (particularly on volume related items). A value of "off" ensures the parameter value is always matched to the assigned switch or pedal.

A value of "on" means that: at preset change, values will reset to the parameter knob value (external to modifier settings screen) which could, in some situations, result in a silent preset after a preset change (until volume pedal is moved).

Thanks to all for the suggestions ~ I will try them after our next sound check. The strange thing about the problem is that it's very hard to duplicate at rehearsals/sound checks ~ but I'm sure I'm switching more quickly during our actual performances. I forgot to mention that I am using the Front input for my Electric and the Loop Return for my Acoustics (my simple way of controlling which guitars are active). Chris ~ my backups are full banks A,B & C ... how do I send you a couple of presets? (I only have access to my AFXs during & after sound checks)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom