Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

My AX8 rig. Good times to be a player.. Sometimes I throw the FX8 in front of the AX8 as well and experiment. Though I've never been happier than with this AX8 rig for tones, effects, and portability. A mesa cab in the pic, but I also have CLR neos I love. That cab with the PS kicks some mule though. Truly awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 188
192DD893-6BBC-468F-B66E-393AF65EC416_zpsdh80pmbp.jpg

Setting up before last night's gig. Off, back to the left is my little Alto TS 210 or whatever...just got it. Previously I had been using a Line 6 L2T, which is still great but I was intrigued by the 20 lb. Alto. I thought the Alto worked really well, and my rig is so nice and portable now...just take the top off the pedalboard, plug in the AC, plug in the Alto, Alto out to the sound system. Guitar < Wireless < JP95 Wah < AX8. Boom!

Yes you are Right !
It doesnt sit Deep in the Board, i have under the AX8 and the EV1 a little bit black wood, than i also have a nice space under the AX8 for cables.. works for me fine ! :)

@Finnster - Do you have a link to those cables you use for your expression cables. I have really struggled to find angled TRS plugs that don't block every hole next to them.

It is a Duo 34 cut down to 26.25"....they offer custom sizes and cut it to my specs at no extra charge.

I use a Mono soft case. Don't have a pic right now since I am out of town.

I got the TRS cables from Amazon about 6 years ago. I'm not sure of the brand (they were dirt cheap).

It is a Duo 34 cut down to 26.25"....they offer custom sizes and cut it to my specs at no extra charge.

I use a Mono soft case. Don't have a pic right now since I am out of town.

I got the TRS cables from Amazon about 6 years ago. I'm not sure of the brand (they were dirt cheap).
I'm literally about to do the same thing.....very cool! Which mono bag?

Changed my live setup a lot. Going from AxeFx II and Atomic CLR to AX8 and Shure wireless.
First gig last week went very well - total control over my sound - having the band in stereo in-air.
Less stuff to bring to gigs - win win !
You could see the AX8 on the floor on the left in front of the stage. No more clutter and wires.

AX8_wireless.jpg

hitmachine_event_1080.jpg

Greetings,

Here's what I'm running at the moment:

my AX8 setup.jpg

I haven't had a chance to clean up any of the cabling yet (including some of the older cables I'm not actively using now), so I'm sure it will eventually look at least a little cleaner.

For those who may wonder what all the pedals are for (left to right):
  1. guitar synth volume
  2. piezo pickup volume
  3. electric guitar input volume
  4. programmable expression pedal to be used for various preset-specific functions in the AX8
  5. expression pedal controlling master output level (output 1) of the AX8
Volume pedals 1 & 2 are functionally only used for on/off, but 3 is used for volume swells as well as muting my electric guitar entirely (the latter for switching guitars or when I only want the piezo and/or guitar synth playing from my Godin xtSA).

Cheers,

Alan

Back
Top Bottom