Should I be set to L+R sum?

jetspeed747

Inspired
I'm running two 1x12 Cabs and wondering what is the best configuration for a stereo setup. I've gotten a little confused after reading the Wiki and the manual. Any suggestions?

L+R means the same signal will be sent from the axe out left and right, with some possible phase cancellation since they are summed.

True stereo would require selecting Stereo for the output mode and then either panning stuff around or use effects that send different data to each side.

What about the Input mode of the advanced page of the Amp block? It defaults to L+R Sum. Seems contradictory to me.

Ok get into i/O (on front panel) and scroll over to audio and set to stereo.thats it,now you can change most the xfs in blocks to make more stereo:D

Thanks EdgE. What are the xfs? And do I need to change anything on the cab block? It is currently set to L+R sum.

Input mode is different than output mode, and you have to set both on the axe. You can have a stereo output even if you have a left only input, for example.

Which input mode should I have selected for my case? Oh man, sorry to bug the hell out of you guys. I'm trying to wrap my head around this and I have gone numb looking over the Wiki and the manual.

i don't know enough about your case to help you yet.

are you using a power amp for your 1x12 cabs? are you sending just the left output from the axe-fx to that power amp, and then daisy chaining your cabs? if so press the I/O button on the axe, page right to AUDIO then set output 1 mode to copy l->r.

or are you using left and right out from axe-fx to channel 1 and channel 2 on a power amp set to stereo? if so press the I/O button on the axe, page right to AUDIO then set output 1 mode to stereo.

Hey Chris, thanks man. I'm set up axe-fx left and right out to channel 1 and 2 on a Matrix GT800. I will try your suggestion. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom