Shock racks

dB

Inspired
I am thinking about a new shock rack. I have been using a SKB roto case for last last several years. They have worked well for my old Bradshaw rig and have served my Ultra well. The SKB has been great because generally we handle our own gear with kid gloves. But now I find myself in a band where we'll leave our gear in the trailer (most of the time) and I worry about the shock and vibration. What do you guys have to say about these 3 options:

A6UE Shock Mount Case

Gator G-Shock ATA-Style Deluxe Rack Case: Shop Accessories & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

SKB 20" Deep Rolling Roto Shock Rack Case: Shop Accessories & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

It appears that Dweezil is using the SKB shock racks. The Gator would certainly be the lightest; and the audiopile/EWI looks to be the most roadworthy - and probably the heaviest. I only need six spaces, so I'd have to jump up to 8 spaces if I went with the Gator. Any thoughts or suggestions or good/bad experiences with any of these cases?

i got an ewi 3u 14 inch for the axe ii and a furman. it's great, definitely road worthy, pretty damn heavy but the cheapest as well.

their customer service is great, it's a family business based out of washington. UPS messed up my first case, but they promptly sent me another one, and liz was great to deal with. not bad! glad i bought from them instead of some big company.

Back
Top Bottom