Shipping to non-billing address not possible?

quantum

Say if I don't happen to be in town and would want to ship the unit to a friends place, is this possible?

I was just trying it out with the non wait list stock and it specifically said that the shipping address must be on file with the credit card company. That is obviously not possible in case I want ship it to a friends place.

Could someone from Fractal help me out on this?

Cliff said to me previously that it is possible. I think it was before the new shop though. I plan to do the same thing. I really hope it is possible.

Cliff said to me previously that it is possible. I think it was before the new shop though. I plan to do the same thing. I really hope it is possible.

Yeah I distinctly remember the old shop seemed to allow this. Lets hope someone from Fractal gets back on this. I'm sure there are tons of guys like us.

Well, I would not hold this as gospel, but I had mine shipped to my office instead of the house with no problem.

However, I had done the same thing when I had my MFC101 shipped about 4 months ago, so since I had done it in the past, that may be why there was no issue this time. Mine shipped the day after I ordered it, so I don't think there was any holdup while they checked with my CC company.

The MFC of course was through the old shop, the Axe II was through the new one.

Well, I would not hold this as gospel, but I had mine shipped to my office instead of the house with no problem.

However, I had done the same thing when I had my MFC101 shipped about 4 months ago, so since I had done it in the past, that may be why there was no issue this time. Mine shipped the day after I ordered it, so I don't think there was any holdup while they checked with my CC company.

Thanks Mott! That does come as a relief. Ideally where its being shipped shouldn't be an issue once the unit is paid for haha!

Let Fractal get burned one time with a $2200 chargeback where they have zero recourse at all and I'll bet they change their minds. The chargeback notice comes to the merchange in the mail and they have five days to respond in writing or they give up their rights, including the time when it is in the mail on the way to you.

... it specifically said that the shipping address must be on file with the credit card company. That is obviously not possible in case I want ship it to a friends place.

Not true, it is possible.. just more work for you. You can add an additional address to your credit card account for billing verification purposes.

I called my Mastercard provider, explained what I was trying to do and they said I can add any address I want. It doesn't affect where they send the bill, but when merchants verify your card they will get a match for the shipping address since it's already on file.

I set this up before I went to the US on vacation, in hopes I could score an Axe II just in time (didn't work, the store Yahoo store went offline right at that time so I'm still waiting).

Call your card company and add an address to your card. I have two on mine.

edit: Robo beat me to it.

if you create a account in the shop you can easily define the shipping and the billing informations.
edit:forget about that - it says the shipping information has to be on that credit card file
edit2: i've checked on VISA hp - it says:
"By matching the billing address your Visa card issuer has on file against the billing address you provide during check-out, merchants and issuers work together to help ensure that lost or stolen Visa cards are not being used in card-not-present environments to purchase goods or services."

so that means its depending on the billing information you provide during the check-out, not the shipping information

Last edited:
Let Fractal get burned one time with a $2200 chargeback where they have zero recourse at all and I'll bet they change their minds. The chargeback notice comes to the merchange in the mail and they have five days to respond in writing or they give up their rights, including the time when it is in the mail on the way to you.

I can confirm that they have been burned a couple times.

That's why they cancel ALL orders where the billing and shipping address do NOT match AND that the shipping address is a mail forwarder.

So if your shipping address is NOT a mail forwarder, you should be good to go.

So, does it mean that I can't buy the Axe-Fx II with my mexican credit card and give the shipping address of an importer?

Last edited:
I have registered different shipping and billing addresses in the new shop. Ideally it should be enough to check my card's validity. No? Do I really need to add an extra address to my Mastercard?

Also not gospel but with the old yahoo store I ordered an Ultra. I live in Dominican Republic. My billing address is in texas and my shipping address is a UPS store in Miami.
That order raised flags and I got an email from FAS saying the order would normally be cancelled but they were willing to listen to explanations. I explained the deal and sent what I thought would be proof I was the guy with the name on the card. My emails were being sent from work address and I even sent links to online articles etc that mentioned my name and who I worked for plus had my picture. I probably gave them more info than they would ever need.

Then I ordered a MFC and just put a note in the note section. Since we had already been through this it went off without a hitch.

Now, the new store, at first would not accept any orders I placed while I was in Brazil on business. Once I hit Miami I was able to order one, even if at 2995 instead of 2595. My bank showed 4 orders. 2 for just t shirts and 2 that included Axe FX II. Eventually all charges fell off the account except the unit ordered while in Miami. I did get an email from FAS stating that the first orders were cancelled because the defaults on their new cart may have been too strict.

I am flying back to Brazil tomorrow and may just order t shirts to test if the cart will now accept orders from intl IPs, but I would think the use of different shipping address should work even if it requires an email to FAS etc.

So, does it mean that I can't buy the Axe-Fx II with my mexican credit card and give the shipping address of an importer?

LOL

I have registered different shipping and billing addresses in the new shop. Ideally it should be enough to check my card's validity. No? Do I really need to add an extra address to my Mastercard?

Yeah, I really don't wanna add another address just for this.

My billing address is in texas and my shipping address is a UPS store in Miami.
That order raised flags and I got an email from FAS saying the order would normally be cancelled but they were willing to listen to explanations. I explained the deal and sent what I thought would be proof I was the guy with the name on the card.

You're lucky man.

I did the same with a Kinek point to grab it at the Canadian border.

They just cancelled my order without any email whatsoever.
I had to email them a couple times before getting an answer.

They said that now they cancel ALL orders where the billing and shipping address are NOT the same AND the shipping address is a mail forwarder Kinek is not even a mail forwarder but a border parcel service...)

Just temporarily change your billing address to be the same as your US shipping address right before you order and you should be fine. A call to your credit card co. is all it takes. I only get statements electronically so it's not a big deal for me.

Back
Top Bottom