Setlists and FC-12?

plyall

Power User
Folks -

Either I've missed something fundamental, or I don't fully grasp the feature!

In short, how do you control Setlists, Songs, and Sections from the foot controller (FC-12 in my case). Also, do they display as such?

Yek - I know better than to question you, but I have read the mini manual twice, and I am now consulting the Wiki. So far, I still don't know how to do it.

Fantastic! Thanks - cleared things right up. I noted that the Wiki had an error in it (not GLOBAL but FC Setlists/Songs), and the mini manual didn't indicate that the FC-12 received new functionality, nor that it really addressed the FC's at all.

I've watched @chris & @2112's videos and have read the mini manual and believe I'm right in thinking that setlists doesn't enable me to go straight into my scenes layout for that song when it loads the assigned preset does it?

Not a problem if not, I'm happy to keep shuffling my presets with the preset manager before gigs, but just wanted to check I'm not missing a way to do that with setlists?

I've watched @chris & @2112's videos and have read the mini manual and believe I'm right in thinking that setlists doesn't enable me to go straight into my scenes layout for that song when it loads the assigned preset does it?

Not a problem if not, I'm happy to keep shuffling my presets with the preset manager before gigs, but just wanted to check I'm not missing a way to do that with setlists?
Put a layout link on your section buttons to change to your scene layout.

Just updated yesterday and getting ready for the summer gigs to start! Thanks for the work Fractal!!

Aside from the fact that I'm still trying to wrap my head around the scene ignore feature, I would really like to try and use setlists. We have about 60-80 tunes we will cover this summer. I can create the setlists for each gig, but we tend to wander a bit from the setlist each night and I'm wondering about printing out a list to be able to jump around? How do others handle this and what do you do when they call out a song that not on the list? Didn't want to start a whole new thread. Any experience or observations from those who are using this feature during gigs would be helpful! TIA

sorry if this has been answered but i can't find this info anywhere else.

Can anyone guide me into creating 5 preset banks? When i used to use the AFX2 i had 10 banks total with scenes and when i pressed up/down the presets were made for each of my guitars. Now, i'm struggling to find this exact feature on the 3+FC-12.

Any help is greatly appreciated

sorry if this has been answered but i can't find this info anywhere else.

Can anyone guide me into creating 5 preset banks? When i used to use the AFX2 i had 10 banks total with scenes and when i pressed up/down the presets were made for each of my guitars. Now, i'm struggling to find this exact feature on the 3+FC-12.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Create a new thread for your topic. This thread is about the Set List feature...

Put a layout link on your section buttons to change to your scene layout.
Hey chris. Looking for an efficient way to get back to set lists after the layout link has been activated to go to the scene layout. I may be just missing something but it just wasn't working great. I set the layout link on section press to jump to the scene for the song. My sections link to the same songs. I dont use set lists with different presets. For me it's just handy to quickly put them together but I am struggling with not being able to use scenes which give me more button options. Hope this makes sense. I just need to efficiently get back to set lists without a bunch of dancing. If it makes sense to just put a set lists layout shortcut button on the scenes layout, I can probably do that. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Hey chris. Looking for an efficient way to get back to set lists after the layout link has been activated to go to the scene layout. I may be just missing something but it just wasn't working great. I set the layout link on section press to jump to the scene for the song. My sections link to the same songs. I dont use set lists with different presets. For me it's just handy to quickly put them together but I am struggling with not being able to use scenes which give me more button options. Hope this makes sense. I just need to efficiently get back to set lists without a bunch of dancing. If it makes sense to just put a set lists layout shortcut button on the scenes layout, I can probably do that. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.
The description of how you use the setlist function isn’t too clear, but putting the Setlist button on the scenes layout sounds like the most direct solution.

Yes sorry I know. When I use the setlist features I copy the same song to all sections. That’s all…then Adjust the scene from there. Thanks for relying.

Hey @orion32773 . This is something I am dealing with right now also. I want to be able to select a Song while in Setlists/Songs "mode" and have access to all the SCENES & EFFECTS associated with the Preset I use for that song. I too only have one Preset associated with each Song in my Setlist. I had been considering whether or not I wanted to deal with using the dual switch method to jump back and forth between the Master Layout, Setlists/Songs mode and "normal" Scenes mode, but that is a lot of tap dancing. Have you figured out a more efficient method? Grateful if you can share. Chris' suggestion to use layout links seems like it addresses half the equation, but then what is the easiest way to get back to Setlists/Songs layout? Thx.

Hey @orion32773 . This is something I am dealing with right now also. I want to be able to select a Song while in Setlists/Songs "mode" and have access to all the SCENES & EFFECTS associated with the Preset I use for that song. I too only have one Preset associated with each Song in my Setlist. I had been considering whether or not I wanted to deal with using the dual switch method to jump back and forth between the Master Layout, Setlists/Songs mode and "normal" Scenes mode, but that is a lot of tap dancing. Have you figured out a more efficient method? Grateful if you can share. Chris' suggestion to use layout links seems like it addresses half the equation, but then what is the easiest way to get back to Setlists/Songs layout? Thx.
Haven’t had time since yesterday to work on it. Yes it address half the equation it seems. A switch in the scenes layout to get back to setlist layout would work but sometimes I have all my scenes filled. I could remove the tap tempo I guess and add a hold to get back to the top right switch. All my tempos are set in each song anyway so I rarely if ever use it in my church worship sets.

Back
Top Bottom