Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones Review

Axe5288

Inspired
I broke the bank & bought a pair. They arrived 2 day delivery. No probs, no damage. Big very nice case. The quality of build is top notch.
I used my 1000 watt Yahama HTS to drive them.

1st, I just watched TV & went thru all the "Class" settings Adventure, Syfi, Sports, etc.... & knew right away they were the best headphones "I" have ever tried.

2nd, I put in Rush bluray of S&A. I used a "Live" setting on my HTS & adjusted the Treble/Bass....... & they were dialed in. Awesome full sound, very open, like being at the concert. 1 thing that impressed me was @ high volumn there was NO ear fatigue, no distortion, & I ended up listining to the bluray for about 1 hr.

Have not had the chance to plug them into my Axe but will soon. I dont know if not having a pre amp will effect their sound, but will edit this post with info when I do............

I used Beyer Dynamic DT150 for mixing etc. but while listening to music for pleasure or while working I've found Sennheiser to be the best

I broke the bank & bought a pair. They arrived 2 day delivery. No probs, no damage. Big very nice case. The quality of build is top notch.
I used my 1000 watt Yahama HTS to drive them.

1st, I just watched TV & went thru all the "Class" settings Adventure, Syfi, Sports, etc.... & knew right away they were the best headphones "I" have ever tried.

2nd, I put in Rush bluray of S&A. I used a "Live" setting on my HTS & adjusted the Treble/Bass....... & they were dialed in. Awesome full sound, very open, like being at the concert. 1 thing that impressed me was @ high volumn there was NO ear fatigue, no distortion, & I ended up listining to the bluray for about 1 hr.

Have not had the chance to plug them into my Axe but will soon. I dont know if not having a pre amp will effect their sound, but will edit this post with info when I do............

Any news about this ?

The Axe FX is able to drive 250 ohm headphones so I think it's able to drive Sennheiser HD800 headphones (300 ohm). However, the HD800 is very amplifying dependant so, for those who have the chance to play their Axe with HD800 headphones, is it better to use a preamp or not between HD800 and Axe FX ?

Thanks.

I have two pairs of HD580's. IMO they should should just release model 9000 and be done with it, instead of adding 100 to the model number every year. :lol Anything beyond HD580 is an area of rapidly diminishing returns.

And no, they won't sound good with an Axe, because they have a peak in their response in the higher frequencies which gives them airiness, and makes e.g. cymbals sound really good. IOW, they're really good at reproducing stuff you'd rather not reproduce at all when listening to a distorted guitar signal.

Back
Top Bottom