Sennheiser HD 6XX headphones issue

Javid

Inspired
I have FX II XL connected to a Matrix power amp and two Matrix speakers.
Why does my guitar sound better through my speakers than my Sennheiser HD 6XX headphones? for clean presets both sound good but for metal Sennheiser HD 6XX is not responding good, is there any way to fix this issue? Thanks

1. Headphones are designed to reproduce sound in a very direct and isolated manner, which can often result in a less natural, more precise and accurate sound but may lack some of the warmth and character that you would get from hearing the sound of a guitar through speakers in a room.

2. Guitars interact with the acoustics of the room they are in (assuming a loud volume from the speakers), which can influence the overall sound of the guitar. When playing through headphones, you're missing out on this interaction and the resulting character that it can add to the sound.
    i.e acoustic reinforcement

3. The headphones themselves can also impact the sound of the guitar. Cheaper headphones may not be able to accurately reproduce the full frequency range of the guitar, which can result in a less satisfying sound. Additionally, headphones can sometimes exaggerate certain frequencies or create an uneven sound

TL DR It's not even fair to compare the sounds to each other, headphones vs speakers
there's a good amount of variables

if you want to know more about your headphones frequency response and possibly "fix" them read here and use the given para eq settings

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/innerfidelity/innerfidelity_harman_over-ear_2018/Sennheiser HD 6XX

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom