Sending MIDI commands to change effects status?

WITELITE

Experienced
So I recently purchased SETLIST Maker on the app store. It is an absolutely fantastic program and it can be set up to send Program Changes as well as other MIDI settings to multiple devices. So for example, when I select a song, it can change the patch for the Axe, the Guitar Synth, Keyboards etc. So here's my question. I have multiple songs that use the same patch though some will have delay initially set to off or amp to x versus y etc.

Here's the question. Can I send a program change followed by MIDI commands that change the status of the effect? If so , how is this done.

No big deal if not. I can always create a copy of the patch which the states set as I need.

Every day, I find out more about the potential of this unit. It is absolutely amazing.

Thanks

M

I'm pretty sure Setlist maker only sends that single Preset Change and can't send additional CC's. Different presets on the axe seems to be the way. That's how I do it with Setlist+ and my iPad.

According to what I've read, Set List Maker has a "raw MIDI" mode that lets you cobble together any MIDI message you like. I haven't dug into the app to know for sure.

That's what I thought but have no idea what I'd even put in that raw midi field. Be cool to do but with 384 presets, not a real big deal!

Thanks

MM

That's what I thought but have no idea what I'd even put in that raw midi field. Be cool to do but with 384 presets, not a real big deal!

Thanks

MM

Depends on exactly what you want to do. Changing presets is a PC message, but turning effects on and off is a single CC message. So is the X/Y switching IIRC...

Just want to turn the amp from x to y and the delay from on to off after switching the preset. If I know how to do that, I can probably figure how to do other things.

Many thanks in advance to figure out how this would be done in "raw midi"

MM

So I figured it out thanks to the reference materials (page 74 and 75 of the MFC Manual and the CC and bank references in the Axe manual so I thought I'd pass it along.

In my example, I wanted to trigger preset 004 but turn the delay off (cc 47)

Typing in the following hex did it.

C0 00 03 B0 2F 00

This is my understanding of what I did

C0 = Program change for Channel 1
00 = Bank 1
03 = Preset 4
B0 = CC for Channel 1
2F = Hex Code for CC 47 (Delay)
00 = 0 or the value for off

Pretty Cool and opens up some possibilities so I thought I'd pass it along

MM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Witelite, that works to turn an effect off, but not to turn an effect on. I have tried 00,01,02, but the effect won't turn on. Any ideas?

Witelite, that works to turn an effect off, but not to turn an effect on. I have tried 00,01,02, but the effect won't turn on. Any ideas?
If you haven't changed the Axe's defaults, any value above halfway (64 or higher) will turn it on.

VIOLA! That did it, thanks!!!

Viola_d'amore.jpg

Hi All,

Having a bit of trouble getting Setlist Maker's MIDI interface to cooperate. I have an iRig MIDI 2 hooked into my iPad with Setlist Maker installed and set up. The Axe FX is set up as a MIDI device with the iRig 2 set as the port on Channel 1. The Axe has Channel 1 set in the I/O menu. I'm running the Out on the iRig to the In on the Axe.

On the MIDI presets I have the Axe FX set as the MIDI device, the port again selected as the iRig MIDI 2, and then in the raw hex window the hex command. For example, to set a preset in Bank 1 to the first preset I have C0 00 00.

When I go to select a song using that preset, the iRig is showing via the indicator light that a MIDI command is being fired off, but the preset isn't changing. To any of you that have successfully gotten Setlist Maker working with your Axe, any ideas as to what I might be missing?

Back
Top Bottom