Secret80'sTones - YOUR LOVE by The Outfield

Hey - wanted to go but wasn't feeling so hot last night. I'll definitely catch you guys sometime on NoVA.

Thanks for coming to our show at The Fillmore Silver Spring last night TFC/Andy, I really appreciated it and look forward to checking out your Rush cover band soon brotha.

You mentioned something about this tone that I thought was worth sharing with the community that it sounded unusually clean and in fact this is completely true since in reality is isn't very dirty at all. It's kind of an aural illusion and because of the pick attack on the part it tends to sound dirtier than it really is but if you analyze the patch you'll see it isn't dirty at all and this is one of the reasons so many people have trouble nailing this tone.

Since as you saw last night our thing is to as closely replicate the songs we play, I don't have the luxury of dirtying it up (as much as I'd like to sometimes) and that's why the Axe Fx has been such a great asset to me because other modelers could just not do this type of tone, which is hard to nail in the first place and found in the no mans land of in between tones which IMHO is where The Axe excels above all others.

I think it also worth mentioning that besides the other dirty tones I had going (all using OwnHammer Beta IRs now) you really dug the cleans which I couldn't be happier with since I use those a large portion of the time and are a breeze to dial in with the Axe.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. William Whittman is one of my favorite producers. His work on the Outfields Bangin as well as the Hooters Nervous is on of my faves. Check out Nervous Night and see how close the drums sound to Play Deep.

I believe John Spinks used a Schecter trying to clone a Telecaster with the Outfield. Here is a post from a board I frequent that goes into more detail with Play Deep.

Keep sending them!

That sounds awesome!! Have seen you guys at Bunkers before.....great time. I will be sure to catch you soon.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. William Whittman is one of my favorite producers. His work on the Outfields Bangin as well as the Hooters Nervous is on of my faves. Check out Nervous Night and see how close the drums sound to Play Deep.

I believe John Spinks used a Schecter trying to clone a Telecaster with the Outfield. Here is a post from a board I frequent that goes into more detail with Play Deep.

Keep sending them!

Thank you 79_limited, I had heard something about a Chandler being the guitar but if youre a huge Will Whitman fan you're probably right that it was a Schecter. I have never compared the drum tones on the Hooters records to the Outfield but you got me curious so I will check it out. I'll assume it akin to Mutt Lange's vocal sound that follows him from record to record no matter who the artist is.

Finnster, thanks for the support bud, make sure we connect to talk shop next time. As challenging as the sound can be at Bunkers it's a good thing we go direct not just with the Axe Fx but everything, V Drums included. I've heard a few other bands in that room and some of the feedback is that it's like playing in a tin can when you have all that back line and acoustic kit fighting the poor acoustics.

Could yo u share the Tone Match IR pls... ??
This thread is 11 years old.

The OP hasn't been here in 8 years.

The Axe Fx II firmware was updated many times since this thread was created which means that even if the first 2 things weren't true, you'd probably need a really old firmware for good results.

Back
Top Bottom