Scratchy/Fuzzy Telephone or AM Radio Patches?

rsf1977

Fractal Fanatic
Scratchy/Fuzzy Telephone or AM Radio Patches?

Anyone have any patches that pull off something like this?

You might try a overdriving a Tube Pre amp sim into a tight bandpass Filter (300 Hz - 3 KHz) - this might get you into the ballpark...

Maybe you could start tweaking the "On the Phone" preset. It's a factory preset and it's at #237 (or #238 depending on your offset setting).

its not really a complete idea, but maybe create some noise with the guitar and loop it and then play something through a band pass filter with the looper going if you have an ultra.

Try turning up the transformer LF knob in the amp block advanced parameters. I notice it helps to lend that nasal, top-endy character.

To get that sort of sound I usually put a tape drive and and GEQ at the end of the line and add some grit with the drive and cut the low and high freqs quite a lot with the eq. The end result is that sort of phone type noise.

An idea to get the static could be to setup the patch above and then stick a crappy unshielded cable into input 2. Setup a second effect line using the effects loop (input 2) as the input and stick it through a load of un-noisegated distortion.. Maybe then run it back into the drive and GEQ from the first block to glue it all together....

Just a thought :)

Spence

I would try using the synth with white or pink noise tracking set to off. Then you would need a way to randomize it getting muted and varying the levels. Maybe hooking up an lfo w/ a sequence or something. Maybe working in conjunction with the noise gate.

Radio whine can be emulated with a sine wave and altering the frequency.

Back
Top Bottom