Scored a Marshall Club and Country

Take your time Cliff, you don´t have to give us a new FW every week or so... gotta let us breathe sometimes too... :encouragement:

/Mike

Awesome! I'm looking forward to revising my patch, and I will try some of your recommendations. I forget, was yours a tone match?
Just an ear match. I was trying to reproduce the live sound of that time. I don't know how successful you would be trying to do a Tone Match with all that whirly and bouncy stuff going on. All those wonderful chorus effects on the studio albums were done with neck pulling on different guitars which were covered with electronics live.

i'm pretty sure i read in some article years ago that alex switched the celestion speakers to fane speakers in his combo amps...

i'm pretty sure i read in some article years ago that alex switched the celestion speakers to fane speakers in his combo amps...
That's interesting. I know someone who got one of his HiWatt cabs. The cabs had greenbacks in them. I guess we now might know where the purple Fanes went.

If they worked for Alex...!

$950 seems like a great price, and it looks to be in near mint condition.

I still think it would be cool (even if just for posterity's sake) to have a model of this.

I run the Bogner Fish for Limelight - with some triangle chorus, (no verb or delay except for the lead). Works for me. (Gone fishin' preset ... mostly)

Cool! Another thing to look forward to in the next update. New amps are always fun, the esoteric ones can be kind of fun to knock around... no preconceptions to color my virtual NAD.

Cool! Another thing to look forward to in the next update. New amps are always fun, the esoteric ones can be kind of fun to knock around... no preconceptions to color my virtual NAD.
..huh. Huh ..he said nad... huh heh huh

grKnG0p.png

OK. It took me about a page to realize this was a 4 year old thread.

Hence the reason for picking this up. You gotta follow the Trail. Alex has been thinking about using the Axe more go forward and Cliff is just doing due diligence and getting his amps into the system, so next year all his amps will all be there. Now he just needs to get A gallien Krueger 250 ml. Wouldn't you want to be the guy that Researches bands for what Amps they used and then pro cure them for future releases of the software. I want that Job.
Totally agree on the gallien Krueger 250 ml. That was the coolest little amp!

Alex has been thinking about using the Axe more go forward...Now he just needs to get A gallien Krueger 250 ml...
GK 250ML was my first amp. It lived with me in college in a tiny rental room that only fit a bed, small dresser and desk. You couldn't open the door unless the chair was pushed under the desk. Living with the GK was my first electric guitar - a translucent wine red Les Paul deluxe with the mini hum buckers. Those two were the best roommates I ever had.

The GK 250ML advert with Alex was used in a post I saw years ago describing how Alex had lost his mojo over the years:

gk_lifeson_gftpm_12_86.jpg

Especially noting the slippers and new wave haircut. Comparing it to a picture like this:

8f354040b931440ed378bd409519879f.jpg

Noting the platform shoes, legit rocker long hair and giant stacks of amps.

The GK 250ML advert with Alex was used in a post I saw years ago describing how Alex had lost his mojo over the years:

It's called Alex Lifeson Disease (ALD). Learn it. Avoid it.

This was originally on The Dinosaur Rock Guitar web site's Alex Lifeson profile: http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/node/32
But it looks like they edited it out for whatever reason. Complaints maybe. The original was much more humorous, if maybe a bit harsh. Here is someone paraphrasing/quoting the original on TGP:
Why isn't Alex Lifeson more highly regarded as a guitarist?

I don't think anyone would argue that he's not brilliant it was just a commentary on rock and roll attitude.:)

Ha the L5; a friend of mine owned two of them. Always found they sounded like ten years of moist in them and when going to gig I remember they were heavy as dead pony's....still a trustable amp for soul and funk I guess, never ever saw them fail...If only they weren't so f.... heavy

Yeah it's not light, but the heaviest combo amp I've ever seen was a 5150 2x12, there is a reason there are 2 handles on it lol..

It's called Alex Lifeson Disease (ALD). Learn it. Avoid it.

This was originally on The Dinosaur Rock Guitar web site's Alex Lifeson profile: http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/node/32
But it looks like they edited it out for whatever reason. Complaints maybe. The original was much more humorous, if maybe a bit harsh. Here is someone paraphrasing/quoting the original on TGP:
Why isn't Alex Lifeson more highly regarded as a guitarist?

I don't think anyone would argue that he's not brilliant it was just a commentary on rock and roll attitude.:)

Ha! I had forgotten the ALD term. I did remember the ad with him posing beside the itty-bitty amp in the slipper shoes.

Back
Top Bottom