Schenker Live

wyzyguy

Inspired
Was watching TMS on VH1 and saw a segment with Michael Schenker. Lots of love for him with everyone on that show. I was aware of him... but never really got into any of his stuff. Goofing around on YouTube and found this from a 2012 live performance. I dig the song but there is something there for me know that I missed/ignored before. The tone is damn good. Classic but damn good. Great performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc329GImgl4

BTW... what is up with that magnet... I thought it might be a pick holder. Wonder if he does some trick/tech with it?

Absolutely one of the true greats ! ( when he's sober..!)

Awesome tone - proper guitar player.

Michael has been my favorite guitarist since I first discovered UFO back in '75 when my friend Phil turned me onto "Force It".

Magnet? On the pickguard? I'm pretty sure it's just a sticker.

My Edwards E-FV-95
406724797.jpg

BTW... what is up with that magnet... I thought it might be a pick holder. Wonder if he does some trick/tech with it?

It's some kind of ceramic disc that he uses like a palm held slide in the intro of the set when I last saw him.

Last edited:
Such a legend, great song writer in everything he has done from Scorpions, UFO to MSG! Made such an impression of me growing up and i was born in 1990 :p always loved his tones and licks RAWK ONN AND ON!

My dad as a younglad used to mime along to the Attack of the Mad Axeman and 20 years later i was listening the shit out of the MSG live at the budokan, which i think is one of the best live albums i have ever heard

Last edited:
Michael has been my favorite guitarist since I first discovered UFO back in '75 when my friend Phil turned me onto "Force It".

Magnet? On the pickguard? I'm pretty sure it's just a sticker.

My Edwards E-FV-95
406724797.jpg

THAT is completely bad ass.

I had an '83 Hamer Vector Schenker for a while, sold it about a year and a half ago. Sorry I did... :(

Back
Top Bottom