Scenes question-

Laskyman

Inspired
Is there a way to set up each patch so it has only the number of scenes you require for a particular patch (completely removing any scenes that are not being utilized...)? It seems with how powerful the Axe is, something like this would be quite simple....

Is there a way to set up each patch so it has only the number of scenes you require for a particular patch (completely removing any scenes that are not being utilized...)? It seems with how powerful the Axe is, something like this would be quite simple....

may i ask what trouble the "other" scenes are causing?

I'd just echo one of the comments above...
if you have scenes 1 thru 5 active in preset 1
and scenes 1 thru 3 active in preset 2
when in preset 2, don't select scenes 4 and 5

if you're worried about an "accident", maybe copy scene 1 to 4 and 5 [assuming that scene 1 is the place where you'd hang out most]

I understand the OP( i THINK):)! - and- think it would be a great feature to be able to limit the number of scenes within a preset. That way I would need only one switch to step through the scenes. - AAEN

I get the idea.... but why not just map the first 5 scenes to your first five switches? At some point your gonna wanna go from scene 5 to scene 3 (for example) without having a scene in between right?

I get the idea.... but why not just map the first 5 scenes to your first five switches? At some point your gonna wanna go from scene 5 to scene 3 (for example) without having a scene in between right?

That's 3 more switches used up "just" to change to a scene that may not even be used.

Perhaps Yek's recent thread about a dedicated scene page would do it.

Meh lots of possible solutions to this.

I think it would be ideal and most efficient to be able to activate only the number of scenes necessary per preset. Also, how do I map individual scene numbers to a cc? I thought I can only increase or decrease...the ability to assign scene numbers to buttons would eliminate my original inquiry...btw, I'm using a FCB1010 with eureka prom

I think it would be ideal and most efficient to be able to activate only the number of scenes necessary per preset. Also, how do I map individual scene numbers to a cc? I thought I can only increase or decrease...the ability to assign scene numbers to buttons would eliminate my original inquiry...btw, I'm using a FCB1010 with eureka prom

I believe the details are in the scenes "mini manual"... But basically you need to send CC#34 with a data value that equals the scene number.

So for example, send CC#34 with a value of 5 to change to scene 5, and send CC#34 with a value of 2 for scene 2.

Not sure if the Eureka can do that or not? Many midi controllers only allow off/on (0/127)values to be assigned to CCs.

Back
Top Bottom