Scene Switching Pop Problem (NEED HELP)

Emanuel

Hi all,
I recently made a cool patch using the Friedman HBE as AMP 1 (the main crunch) and AMP 2 as a lighter crunch (VOX AC30 Model)
The Friedman is on Scene 3 and the Vox on Scene 2. Now whenever I switch between them, a loud pop occurs.

My Axe Fx II is plugged in with a USB (with axe edit) and is also plugged into my interface coming out of my monitors. My MFC101 MkIII is also plugged into my Axe Fx and thats how I'm doing the switching.
Here is the patch.
Maybe someone could help me and see what I've done wrong?
Sorry I may be a bit of a noob as I just like to plugin and play.

Attachments

• Manuel The Side Project.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Im sure by now you have switched everything off and back on to see if the problem is still there? If not then do so. I assume you are using the MFC-101 to change scenes as I do. Leave it connected and check the cat 5 cable connections between the FX and it... Next I would disconnect the USB cable from the back of the FX and try switching scenes. If it go's away then it has something to do with the interface/ hookup between the FX and computer.

I have not loaded your patch(have to leave for work shortly) but some times the bypass state of effects and or amps can cause a pop when switching x/y states and or bypass states when changing scenes. delay's are real bad about this if switching delay types from one scene to another. try to set the bypass to mute output or mute input instead of mute or thru, some times this will be the fix!

Yea what Para said is also possible. Try bypassing some of the efx ( keep them Bypassed and save it) and then switch scenes. See if it goes away...

Hi all,
I recently made a cool patch using the Friedman HBE as AMP 1 (the main crunch) and AMP 2 as a lighter crunch (VOX AC30 Model)
The Friedman is on Scene 3 and the Vox on Scene 2. Now whenever I switch between them, a loud pop occurs.

My Axe Fx II is plugged in with a USB (with axe edit) and is also plugged into my interface coming out of my monitors. My MFC101 MkIII is also plugged into my Axe Fx and thats how I'm doing the switching.
Here is the patch.
Maybe someone could help me and see what I've done wrong?
Sorry I may be a bit of a noob as I just like to plugin and play.

Disconnect Axe Edit or pause communication. You will always have latency when switching if you don't.

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: RDH
What Bill said ^ I think you need to switch from Ax Edit when it is open ! Make sure it's closed or disconnected when switching from front panel or MFC.

To prevent pops: Set both Amp blocks in parallel, bypass = Mute out! Did not look into the patch, but i would bet, you set them up seriell ... ?!

To prevent pops: Set both Amp blocks in parallel, bypass = Mute out! Did not look into the patch, but i would bet, you set them up seriell ... ?!

OH YES OF COURSE They are in serial. I didn't know I could mute the blocks when they were bypassed. I'll give it a shot when I get home.
Cheers guys.

Back
Top Bottom