saving a preset or patch new to this

boardwlk17

Power User
Whats the steps for saving a patch? Save or save as? How do i get it from axe edit to my axe fx?

Where should i store patches i download?

Can i save the old patch im overwriting somewhere

If i download. Someones banks where do i save them, can i download just one patch from it?

I think im trying to take in too much at one time, im getting old and my brain is about to explode.

If you live in maryland and want to help me learn how to program and save and edit let me know

Thanks for the help
Gary

Whats the steps for saving a patch?

From Wiki:

Saving Changes

After making various changes, you will undoubtedly want to save the results of your edits.

To store a sound in place, without changing its name or location...

Press STORE to show the STORE screen.
Press ENTER to initiate the process, and ENTER again to confirm.

The message “STORED!” is displayed when the operation completes.

To store a sound to a new location or with a new name...

The Axe-Fx II has 384 numbered preset memory locations. It is possible at any time to save any preset into any location.
It is also possible to change the NAME of a preset before you store it.

Press STORE to show the STORE screen.
Use the NAV buttons to select between the two available functions:

The LOCATION parameter selects where the preset will be stored:
The VALUE wheel selects numbered memory locations. NAV left/right skip by 10.

The NAME parameter allows you to edit preset names before saving:
Turn the VALUE wheel to change characters.
Press X or Y to cycle through points along the series of letters/symbols (0, A, N, a, n).
Use NAV to move the cursor from one position to the next.
You can use up to 23 characters in a preset name.
Press ENTER to Store.
Press ENTER to Confirm.

The message “STORED!” is displayed when the operation completes.

How do i get it from axe edit to my axe fx?

While in Axe Edit > Highlight Preset (or Presets) > Right Click on Preset (or Presets) & choose from the drop down menu.

If you choose "Send To Axe-FX" then you have a choice to send the "Entire Bank" or "Selected Presets"

These will be saved in the corresponding numbers in the Axe-FX.

Where should i store patches i download?

From Manual:

The Axe-Fx II contains an internal FLASH ROM where PRESET BANKS and SYSTEM SETTINGS may be stored for speedy recovery without a computer.

The contents of the FLASH ROM are not overwritten or modified during firmware updates or when you restore presets, banks, or the system from SysEx backup files.

Select the appropriate entry on the UTILITY: PRESET page and press ENTER to begin the backup or restore.

BACKUP BANK A, B or C copies a group of 128 presets to the onboard backup ROM.

Bank A contains presets 0-127, B contains 128-255, and C contains 256-383 (or 1-128, 129-256, and 257-384 when DISPLAY OFFSET is turned ON).

A meter indicates progress. It takes less than 10 seconds for a backup to complete.

Thanks I've been playing for 30yrs and have a rack full of Bradshaw gear a bunch of heads and a ton of pedals. There's just sooo much info to take in at one time, trying to program all of your songs. I just want to play i can't. Sit for hours and program patches my head feels like its gonna explode. I'm just trying to read everything too fast you cant do it all in a day. I love the axe ll and the potential. It has is killer thanks again for your help

I use have two 24 space racks, four slaved heads ands three 4x12s I gigged.

My advice is stick to your current rig until you are comfortable with the Axe, which took me about 14 months.

I now know and trust the Axe and was able to sell off 100% of my other gear.

Trying to rush it will lead to problems in my experience.

Im still using one of my rigs for now i have some very cool patches but getting all the songs programed in there is another thing thats gonna take some time.

Back
Top Bottom