Satch/Vai

They sure are recording together. What "album" means nowadays, I'm not sure... Could it also be just a handful of tunes? No idea.

One tune will include some fragment of Vai's lessons he took from Joe (he still had cassettes and cleaned 'em up).

3rd Power?

There was another post either here or The Gear Forum with a video from one of the recent live shows and he's using them...
He was playing 2 3rd power half stacks and a Marshall half stack this week in Jax Fl.

3rd power is on record in a few articles that I have seen about building a custom voiced amp for JS especially for the upcoming best of both worlds tour that covers several different amps from chickenfoot, Sammy Hagar, and VH (maybe will hear some HSAS or especially Montrose )
Anyhoo... they are custom 3rd power designs from what I have read, and their stuff looks amazing ! But dang they are like. $4.5k

I haven't heard of 3rd power until all of this. Found this demo Michael Neilson did on one of their amps. Interesting stuff. Sounds great. Looks very versatile. Looks like an analog modeler of sorts

Back
Top Bottom