Sammy Speaks out

Eddie is a good guy, when not on the sauce. Same goes for everyone I guess, but I agree Sammy, that Mike Anthony is one of the best bass players of all
time and no one can take that away from him.

I think Sammy was embellishing just a little when he said that, not implying he is a bad bass player because he's not... but top 5 of all time?. I think it was a simple case of Sammy sticking up for his bud and that's cool! no matter how you slice it.

#2. You give credit where credit is due IF you are an upstanding person. Why would EVH need to say anything about MA at all? Because he's a d*ck that's why.

#3. Didn't Hagar help write and help produce the records he sang and played on with VH? Van Halen had more success with SH, than with anyone before and after, record sales wise. Once again, you give credit where credit is due. If EVH is so great, why is that he hasn't made any real music since the SH days? Being in a band is a collaborative effort, which somehow or other EVH can't seem to reproduce on his own. Because he's a d*ck.

I'm sure he's had quite enough of being asked the same asshat questions every five minutes and hearing the same BS all the time about lead singers and bassists and playing these tunes vs. those tunes and blah blah blah. That Smithsonian thing from a few months back must've been nice for him because it wasn't a moron morning zoo DJ or hack music reporter asking the same played-out crap yet again. I'm betting that whenever you hear "OMG Eddie said THAT!?!?!?!?!" It's because he'd had about enough that day and can't drink and smoke about it.

Don't forget about the never ending supply of douchebags shoving microphones in people's faces.

I'm sure he's had quite enough of being asked the same asshat questions every five minutes and hearing the same BS all the time about lead singers and bassists and playing these tunes vs. those tunes and blah blah blah. That Smithsonian thing from a few months back must've been nice for him because it wasn't a moron morning zoo DJ or hack music reporter asking the same played-out crap yet again. I'm betting that whenever you hear "OMG Eddie said THAT!?!?!?!?!" It's because he'd had about enough that day and can't drink and smoke about it.

Don't forget about the never ending supply of douchebags shoving microphones in people's faces.

That's what celebrities sign up for. I'm sure he doesn't mind the millions he's earned doing what he does. If he had any integrity he would wave off those questions and be a gentleman about it. But he doesn't have any integrity and he's not a gentleman based on how he spouts.

It's all in degrees.

I would not put MA in my top five of all time but that doesn't diminish him as a musician.

Agreed.. also, hearing pros (Sammy in this case) talk about another player being in the top 5.. may have just as much to do with how easy going, hard working, willing to play for the tune (or the boss), etc. a player is as it does with their actual playing ability. I've always had the impression that MA is one of the greats as far as being a human being is concerned. And he can hold down a solid rock bass groove and his backing vocals are legendary. One thing I know at almost 40 years of age now is that I would rather play with musicians that are easy to hang with than just about any other scenario..

In the end I don't really care what Ed has to say. It's the music that matters to me.. not much else. And I'm dead sure that MA and Sammy are way more fun to hang w/ than the VH brothers.

And similarly, I once met Yngwie several years ago at a meet & greet/autograph signing at a local musical instrument store here in Oklahoma, and he went well above and beyond to make sure he came off as an arrogant prick. :mrgreen

Ha! Love it.... and you wouldn't want it any other way surely ??.... not with Yngwie anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom