Ryan Newel from Sister Hazel joining our ranks

Secret80'sMan

Experienced
He came out to see my band since his girlfriend is a fan and dug the tones he was hearing. He had been considering it before but I think that sealed the deal. He and Fractal have connected and he's placed his order so we should be seeing him popping in and out of here very soon I would assume.

I'll probably get together with him to help get him started and we may attempt to tone match some of his Matchless stuff if the out of the box models aren't as spot on as he needs.

I just saw them in Epcot center in October. He's got some great tones. Excellent player too. Im curious to hear what he can do with the axe.

Very excited about this, Sister Hazel is one of my favorite bands and I love his guitar playing. He's got some great licks and killer slide parts. Hopefully he'll post/share some patches and Tonematches.

Great news! I absolutely love Sister Hazel. I've seen them many places across the country. (If you've ever heard them open a concert with a-cappella 'Seven Bridges Road' COLD out of the box, you have no idea just how good they are vocally together.

Ryan is a great guitarist! He plays very tasty stuff that fits the music perfectly. A really underrated talent. Last time I saw him play, it was an 'acoustic' set here in Denver at the downtown Soiled Dove. Played (as I remember) an SG with a Peavey Blues *something* tilted up...his tone was pretty stellar. I went to play one of these amps a few days later, and couldn't come close to what he was pulling out of it...which is a testament to his talent.

Very definitely twist his arm for presets/tone matches! This would be great for the 'overdriven' and 'light gain' crowd.

Great news! I absolutely love Sister Hazel. I've seen them many places across the country. (If you've ever heard them open a concert with a-cappella 'Seven Bridges Road' COLD out of the box, you have no idea just how good they are vocally together.

Ryan is a great guitarist! He plays very tasty stuff that fits the music perfectly. A really underrated talent. Last time I saw him play, it was an 'acoustic' set here in Denver at the downtown Soiled Dove. Played (as I remember) an SG with a Peavey Blues *something* tilted up...his tone was pretty stellar. I went to play one of these amps a few days later, and couldn't come close to what he was pulling out of it...which is a testament to his talent.

Very definitely twist his arm for presets/tone matches! This would be great for the 'overdriven' and 'light gain' crowd.

He may very well have been playing with an SG as we were talking about the fact that hey plays those when we were hanging out the other night. I thought he would be a perfect addition to the artist roster because there aren't enough light gain players yet using the axe IMHO not to mention he's a super nice guy.

The unit does those light to medium tones so well and was one of the reasons I was sold on it versus the other stuff out there that only does clean and high gain well.

Last edited:
Awesome. Love the band, and wished the radio would get back on their trail. Glad to have him exploring the Axe with the rest of us!

Back
Top Bottom