RUSH fans!!

Tonemeister

Experienced
Here is a YYZ cover I did. Purely for fun and to hone my skills at matching tones. I am not exactly sure which patch I used :? I am almost certain I used the Deluxe Friedman HBE patch as a start and augmented it quite a bit by ear to match Alex's tone. I played all of the guitar parts and used the Axe Fx 2 exclusively. I didn't really layer guitar parts except in a couple of spots where it was clear in the original recording that they hard panned 2 guitars. It was really only on a slide and one of the heavily chorused rhythm comps during the drum and bass trading 4's section. The bass and drums are from a couple of hacks named Geddy, and Neil :mrgreen Anyway.... here it is.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=1726

and REVISED preset after working with it for a day I changed some things
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=1732

Last edited:
you nailed it, that sound so sick , if you get the chance to post the patch that would be so cool, it will slot in next to the FAS limelight patch nicely

is this another testiment to the wonders of FW11 for the tone??

cheers

you nailed it, that sound so sick , if you get the chance to post the patch that would be so cool, it will slot in next to the FAS limelight patch nicely

is this another testiment to the wonders of FW11 for the tone??

cheers
FW10 I did this a few weeks ago but didn't get a soundcloud account until today. Ha

... as a wise man once said, "patch please, or it didn't happen"... :p j/k ... very, very nicely executed. I'm a Rush fan and if it weren't for the obvious difference in audio quality between the backing track and your guitar... could of fooled me. Again... very nicely executed.

HAha... man it was like I just played the CD!!! WOW that was badass Clone-sensational!!

Now do La Villa Strangiato and Xanadu next :)
Wow. Thanks guys. You know, I have to be honest, the main reason I chose this song was because I could get the backing tracks. It would be ridiculously time consuming to do La Villa or Xanadu or anything else really , unless I had backing tracks. If anyone has a hook up let me know. I love trying to figure out Alex's phrasing. There is so much nuance to his style.

Back
Top Bottom