Rush 2012, get it?

Axe5288

Inspired
FWIW, It was a beauitful night in Alpheretta Ga. Starting with a very nice dinner @ Pappadeaux's (wedge bluecheese salad, seafood gumbo, shrimp creole & andouie cheese grits, creme brulee w/fresh berries & chickory coffee) I'm 49 not 29, & this is what you do before a concert when you want to actually remember the concert, IYKWIM. Had perfect seats, went with a good friend, Place was packed, very respectful audience, OAT @ showtime 47deg, Ceiling Unlimited;) (sorry could'nt Resist ok-ok, I'll stop)

I'm a huge Rush fan so its going to be extremely biased from here on. IMO they have never sounded or played better, not that they've played bad the 7 other times I've seen them. Set lists, couldn't have been better, longer, sure, but they played for 3.5 hrs Absolutley ROCKED Clockwork Angles. They played some they haven't in a long time, and didn't, some they always do. Alex did phenominal work on his leads & to me, is the most accomplished & diverse rythem player barr none. And Geddy, like the dude SCREAMED at the end of Headlong Flight "Geddy I Luv You Man" An Neil, well no critique can suffice. The string section definitly added to the show & really enhacnced it with there arrangments.

This GLOWING review might be due to the fact that I was under the influance of some spicy cajun food and am slightly lactose intolerant of the brulee'........ Or could be just Chemistry:eek:ops
I know, went to far........................................

Last edited:
When eating such stuff when lactose intolerant, make sure you assume control.

Sounds like you had a great time.

Cool description. Love rush myself. Only have seen them once. "Its hard to recognize the real thing, comes along once once in awhile." Rush is def the real thing.

Cracking write up
thumbsup.gif

Saw them in Boston, MA on the 24th. Great show. The string section was great and they added a youthful flair and enthusiasm. A friend and I were joking that he was probably the youngest one in the joint. (he's 39):D

I have to admit I've seen RUSH about 12 times over the years. I've never gotten to sit on Alex's side of the stage. I am always on Geddy's or one time, on Snakes and Arrows I got to be 10th row (still towards Geddy's side). That was unbelievable. Anyway, I've never , ever heard Alex "make a mistake". In this show he made a big time clam in the middle of a solo, can't remember which one now. It was because he was trying to click about 4 buttons in a row. Ha. FW9 Scenes Alex. Scenes.

We're going to the Nov 28 show in Dallas, this will be my 10th Rush show dating back to my first at the Texas Jam in 1983 for the Grace Under Pressure tour. This set list will be fairly reminiscent of the Power Windows era, although a heavy amount of Clockwork Angels which is a good thing. Rush never disappoints, their stage shows and set lists have definitely improved with age. We bought the VIP package and our sale was complete at 1 minute after they went on sale so I'm cautiously optimistic we'll have something good.

I'm not sure how many more times we'll have a chance to see them on a big tour, so I don't plan on missing any as long as I can go.

I saw them in Charlotte on Tuesday, and they rocked. I did the VIP package and ended up with front row, right of front of Lerxst. Eye contact!

I saw them in DC back in September, also VIP, and was 10th row center. Not bad, but Tuesday was fantastic. Take a hot girl with you if you want lots of attention from Alex. He made a point of walking around the back of the stage to the side section about 10 rows back to give something to two females sitting there during one of Neil's drum solos, surprised the crap out of them!

I am very jealous of all of you. If I was that close I'd throw my panties onstage. Lol. I think the only time rush came to billings was in the late 70's. I saw them in Denver on the fireball album tour. Great show even tho that's not my favorite album.

Last edited:
I saw them in Charlotte on Tuesday, and they rocked. I did the VIP package and ended up with front row, right of front of Lerxst. Eye contact!

I saw them in DC back in September, also VIP, and was 10th row center. Not bad, but Tuesday was fantastic. Take a hot girl with you if you want lots of attention from Alex. He made a point of walking around the back of the stage to the side section about 10 rows back to give something to two females sitting there during one of Neil's drum solos, surprised the crap out of them!

If you don't mind sharing, what was the difference, if any, in your purchase times from the onsale time for those two shows?

You had me scratching my head with "Fireball" until I realized you meant the Hold Your Fire tour...

I mean the one with the meteor on the cover. Their "comeback" album after Neil went thru all his stuff. Can't remember the name of that album. I just remember the cover.

While under your influence of Cajun... just glad that you didn't intertwine your story of Rush with the Mayan calender and put them into cahoots with each other. You had me worried... :razz

Back
Top Bottom