Running 1 guitar and 1 bass

whl827

Hello,
I am trying to run 1 guitar and 1 bass into two different channels on PA using FM9.
Guitar (In 1 > Out 1) is working as expected but I don't hear anything from Out 2.
I connected my bass to Input 2 (L) and I can see that the bass is responding in Out 2 block (volume meter is working).
What am I doing wrong? Is there any setting I need to change?
Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 11.21.40 PM.png

That is overridden when there's an Output 2 block in the preset...
a recent bug in the FM3 beta made this not true on the FM3. there's a chance this carried over to the FM9, but i don't have one to test.

worth a shot trying to turn off Copy just to make sure.

normally this would not be a thing at all. Out 2 block does override Copy.

we do not know what firmware the OP is on, so it's worth exploring.

a recent bug in the FM3 beta made this not true on the FM3. there's a chance this carried over to the FM9, but i don't have one to test.

worth a shot trying to turn off Copy just to make sure.

normally this would not be a thing at all. Out 2 block does override Copy.

we do not know what firmware the OP is on, so it's worth exploring.
True, but I think with that bug you get audio from both rather than no audio...

it's not related to Drive block. Even when I set input 2 > output 2 without additional blocks, it still doesn't output anything.

Anything I need to change in the setting? Tried changing mode for Input 2 and Output 2 and had no luck.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 7.46.28 PM.png

please confirm you are plugged into the Out 2 jacks correctly.

also change Input 2 to Left or Right only if you're not using Stereo input.

Connecting Out 2 jack to a speaker works.
Is there a way to use a headphone? I don't hear anything from out2 and out3 when using "Phones" jack.

Connecting Out 2 jack to a speaker works.
Is there a way to use a headphone? I don't hear anything from out2 and out3 when using "Phones" jack.

Output 1 and Headphones are the same signal.

There's no way to route the other outputs to headphones.

Hello,
I am trying to run 1 guitar and 1 bass into two different channels on PA using FM9.
Guitar (In 1 > Out 1) is working as expected but I don't hear anything from Out 2.
I connected my bass to Input 2 (L) and I can see that the bass is responding in Out 2 block (volume meter is working).
What am I doing wrong? Is there any setting I need to change?
Thank you!

View attachment 139362
so when you said "i don't hear anything from out 2" you meant in the Headphones only?

so when you said "i don't hear anything from out 2" you meant in the Headphones only?
Sometimes I connect my FM9 to computer using USB and set the output to my audio interface (which is connected to a studio monitor).
I thought this would work but apparently not.

Sometimes I connect my FM9 to computer using USB and set the output to my audio interface (which is connected to a studio monitor).
I thought this would work but apparently not.
Ahh I see. USB sends Out 1 only.

Best to monitor from the physical outputs as that’s what the blocks are tied to.

Back
Top Bottom