Rocktron All Access - yea or nay?

iaresee

Administrator
I can't afford a L-F Jr. and it's maybe 4 buttons short of what I need. But I've got a line on a ~$300 All Access. Yea or nay?

I'm currently using a Lexicon R1 but I've got to do a switch overhaul on it to keep it going and that's going to be $100 to complete (if I swap out the TACT switches for Carling momentaries). Plus lots of soldering. And it doesn't do song/setlist mode which I think would be handy. I end up writing a lot of duplicate patches with different names on the Axe-Fx because the R1 only has a patch access mode. Oh, and no CC sends for the IA switches. But I do like its size and the built-in expression pedal with the toe switch is awesome.

Can I use a Mission expression pedal with a toe switch with the All Access or do the external pedal jacks only take expression pedals? Not latching switches?

Lets here it...should I move on this thing? Thanks in advance for the advice and opinions!

Yep, get it. I got mine for £300, so about the same (not going on exchange rates, but the fact that we seem to pay in £ what you pay in $ for your gear !!!). Havent looked back.

Thanks guys! I'm definitely going to pick it up.

What about it do you like? Anything in particulat you don't like?

Thge only thing I didnt like was it doesnt support tuner display. That would have been nice. However as I have a Strobrack it doesnt bother me that much. Thats it - the rest I find to be pretty spot on.

I've just upgraded from an All Access to a Liquid Foot Pro. The AA did pretty much everything I needed (2 x expression pedals and a bunch of IAs) It's build pretty well, the only real downer is the lack on tuner support. It's a great pedal I'm sure you will be happy :)

I've run the All Access for some time. Lacking tuner support is, IMHO, it's only glaring weakness.

The tri-color state LED, tuner support and more buttons on the upcoming MFC (and the LF) are very cool and worth it; but the AA has done a fine job for me for a long time. Very happy with it.

Any foot controller that sends MIDI but doesn't receive MIDI (let alone interpret propritary sysex messages) will of course not display tuner information. Nor will it automatically display patch names, detect block bypass states or display tap tempo. Patch names and bypass states can be programmed into the AA to match your AxeFX settings.

But the AxeFX has a great tuner display that can be easily read over long distances. So you can set up your All Access with an IA to turn the tuner on - works for me :D

Thanks again guys. Anyone know if you can use a latching swithc instead of an expression pedal in one of the external inputs? I'd like to run a mission pedal with the toe switch with it.

iaresee said:
Thanks again guys. Anyone know if you can use a latching swithc instead of an expression pedal in one of the external inputs? I'd like to run a mission pedal with the toe switch with it.

If you PM lebihanj on this forum he'll tell you exactly what you need to know, he's helped me out with a number questions I had going to the LFPro. The mission Pedals are awesome too!

The All Access does not explicitly support a switch but the Mission SP-1 latching pedals are set up so that the switch can be used in an expression pedal port. Basically the switch behaves like an expression pedal with only heel down and toe down (MIDI 0 and 127) and nothing in between. This can be used to control bypass on the Axe-FX. Note that you need the Mission SP1-R with the polarity switch for the All Access. Rocktron products are normally 'reversed' polarity on the expression pedal ports. James.

lebihanj said:
The All Access does not explicitly support a switch but the Mission SP-1 latching pedals are set up so that the switch can be used in an expression pedal port. Basically the switch behaves like an expression pedal with only heel down and toe down (MIDI 0 and 127) and nothing in between. This can be used to control bypass on the Axe-FX. Note that you need the Mission SP1-R with the polarity switch for the All Access. Rocktron products are normally 'reversed' polarity on the expression pedal ports. James.
Thanks a bunch James!

Back
Top Bottom