Rocktron All Access IA problem

dB

Inspired
A friend of mine has my old Rocktron All Access and everything seems to be working fine; presets, IA switches and external pedals do what they're supposed to do... but it won't display what FX are "on" in the current preset and it "forgets" the on/off state of these FX when switching presets. He just got it from me and wants to use it for this weekend. I told him to just RTFM, but he would rather just have someone show him (he's not a manual kinda guy). I have been using the MFC since it came out and cannot for the life of me remember how I had the AA set up. Any AA users have some suggestions I can pass along to him?

With most controllers, you need to program IA state on a preset by preset basis. That becomes a bigger pita when you decide to reorder presets. :(

What aleclee said: you have to setup "patches" on the All Access that set the states of IAs. It doesn't sync to the state of effects on the Axe-Fx II.

I have an AA as well, but haven't used it with my AFX since I know that it's not going to be a "plug and play" setup. However, I've used it for many years with all my other rack gear and the one thing about the AA is that it's not going to communicate with the AFX in regards to receiving messages/data FROM the AFX, but rather it just SENDS info to the unit. With that being the case, it'll most likely have to be set up just as I had to with my TC G-Force, where I would have to go to each preset, manually click on which IA's were active, which amp channels were selected, manually type in all the preset names and then save that to preset 1 (for example). Then I'd go to preset 2 on the TC, bank up on the AA to the next bank and do it all over again. It became extremely time-consuming, but worked in the long run.

I contacted Rocktron directly once I received my AFX in the hopes of integrating my AA with this unit and they informed me that the AA doesn't speak the "language" of the AFX or any of the new modelers and most likely won't be suitable for such device control.

With that, I chose to order the new RJM MMGT16 and can't wait to see how well that integrates with my AFX and other rack gear since it should communicate with everything seamlessly.

Best of luck in getting the AA to work well with the AFX as you hope.

Back
Top Bottom