Robben Ford patch FW 6.0 using Dumble Clean/Dirty

Thanks for this. I now get your flavor. And thanks for using a HB equipped guitar here. Gives much more the impression of what the patch does.
put (using brackets instead of {) {soundcloud}link{/soundcloud} and you should get the pretty waveform!
I have to redo my Robben-style patch with 6.0. Very different from the earlier FW IMO. I have a couple of contacts who own a Dumble overdrive special and I'm trying to get one of them to lend it to Cliff for modeling. We'll see how far this flies.

Here is another one-take example of this patch -- this one uses a Tele instead.

Robben's Ode to Jeff Beck by AustinBuddy on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

{soundcloud}http://soundcloud.com/austinbuddy/robbens-ode-to-jeff-beck{/soundcloud}

Fun track! Sounds like Goodbye Porkpie Hat.
Not sure what's happening on it ... are you playing over the original track?
Where did you get the track? Could not find it anywhere.

For soundcloud, Use [ instead of {

Last edited:
OK, Second Version Of Robben Ford Ojai patch

Here's another take on the patch. Did this after the two recordings above.

Try the Y Amp and Cab settings. This one is darker than the first one posted. I wanted to post it first but not seeing an option to let me edit my Original Post. My Collings CL is a bit lighter and brighter than a Les Paul in general too.

Some parameters to fool around with if you want to tweak are:

Amp Voicing....here I used "Pop" -- Smilefan also used that when he created our version awhile back...it did smooth some things out

The Fat switch -- makes a difference, either way. On a Dumble there are both mid boost switch that is pretty handy. Try it on or off, and Bright on or off too.

I dialed the drive/gain WAY down this round and it still smokes hot. On the real Ojai amp you can coax feedback out of it for any note!

I raised the bass a good bit in this one in a few ways (including Deep), including the speaker proximity up over 3.00. It's a different timbre overall that's good with humbuckers.

Experiment with different speakers especially to see what you like. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Ojai FW6 Version 2=Y AMP+CAB .syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Reactions: HJM
Killer man. Not my sort of tone personally at all... but sweet tone is sweet tone. Great playing man!

Buddy, you're using the FET Boost with HiCut at 2k for all your tones?

Killer man. Not my sort of tone personally at all... but sweet tone is sweet tone. Great playing man!

Scotty, ya make me blush, appreciate the shout-out. Funnily in my college band the lead singer always called me "Mr. Sweet Tone."

Now that I have the Soundcloud tool I might be dangerous...

Buddy, you're using the FET Boost with HiCut at 2k for all your tones?

Yek: I looked after your post...what 2K cut?

Yes, this patch to me it WARMS up the sound, especially cleans, like a nice tube amp...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-07 at 9.24.13 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-05-07 at 9.24.13 PM.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Yes, this patch to me it WARMS up the sound, especially cleans, like a nice tube amp...

Okay thanks.
High Cut in the FET Boost is set at around 2k (2036 Hz).

Okay thanks.
High Cut in the FET Boost is set at around 2k (2036 Hz).

I see what you mean. Yep. I've got some bright guitars that this warms up nicely and remember, that takes off a little bit of the bite from pick attack...but the clips don't show any lack of hi-end!

To my ears, the way the AFX renders this amp misses some of the "chirp" that the real amp offers. For my main ODS amp preset, I ended up putting a Buttery almost-clean amp block in parallel with it, and dialing it in until I got that back. It's pretty amazing to me that we've got a two rack space unit that we can do all this with. Now if I could just get AxeEdit .299 to work properly...

a darker version of the Ojai Amp

Here's a slightly darker version on the Overdrive that gets a little closer to the Soul on Ten live album sound. Play with X/Ys for cabs etc.

Attachments

• Ojai XY 6 DarkerRF.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom