Roadhouse remake

Purplestrats

Inspired
I have taken all the drama in stride in recent years with all the shitty remakes, reboots and general committee approved movies that have been put out. I didn't watch the new Star Wars movies, I ignored the Ghostbuster reboot and so on and so forth. No problem.

I just learned that they are remaking ROADHOUSE with Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead, and my mouth has looked like this ever since.

1706264983845.png

Is nothing sacred?

Saw this was out or coming … my first thought was that they have got to be out of ideas. And that this is a really bad idea.

There has to be untold thousands of fresh ideas out there for a movie, and yet, they remake movies that don't need to be re-made. But it's not a new thing. I remember when watching the 1959 version of Ben Hur, than it was the THIRD version of that movie, going all the way back to 1909 or something. Even the 1925 version of the movie had full on arena chariot racing.

So people have probably been complaining about remakes forever.

I’ve started watching foreign shows/movies with subtitles on streaming services just to see something original - even though there are remakes from that part of the world too. It’s just that I haven’t seen them.

I have taken all the drama in stride in recent years with all the shitty remakes, reboots and general committee approved movies that have been put out. I didn't watch the new Star Wars movies, I ignored the Ghostbuster reboot and so on and so forth. No problem.

I just learned that they are remaking ROADHOUSE with Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead, and my mouth has looked like this ever since.

View attachment 133840

Is nothing sacred?
No remake necessary for Roadhouse. But Gyllenhaal is generally awesome in whatever. Oddly enough; the Dredd remake/reboot/rewhtever you posted a Karl Urban pic from was GREAT. So there is hope, however slim.

There has to be untold thousands of fresh ideas out there for a movie, and yet, they remake movies that don't need to be re-made. But it's not a new thing. I remember when watching the 1959 version of Ben Hur, than it was the THIRD version of that movie, going all the way back to 1909 or something. Even the 1925 version of the movie had full on arena chariot racing.

So people have probably been complaining about remakes forever.
Nothing worth making passes the Woke Agenda Matrix anymore. Take Tropic Thunder for example. That movie was made in 2008 and could NEVER be made here in 2024.

View attachment 133840

Is nothing sacred?
Isn't that the Dredd remake?

Back
Top Bottom