RJM Mastermind Experience?

thekonas

Inspired
Hi all,
After a search through the various sub-forums, I couldn't find much to be said about the RJM Mastermind midi controller. Is there anyone here with experience in operating it with the AxeII. Good or bad, I'd certainly like to know. Thanks so much!

/Doug

I used a Mastermind with the Ultra, and the Axe II. It worked fine for both, totally stable thru at least 100 gigs.

I use the Mastermind with my Axe 2....love it.
One 7 pin cable....display's Axe Tuner.....has one Expression pedal jack....very flexible switching capabilities.
This is a great solution if you don't want to drop the coin on the MFC.
(or if you don't want to bring your MFC to a gig and have 97 beers spilled on it).

I keep meaning to do a YouTube demo video of the Mastermind to show the tuner functionality, etc.
Great product IMHO.

I use the Mastermind with my Axe 2....love it.
One 7 pin cable....display's Axe Tuner.....has one Expression pedal jack....very flexible switching capabilities.
This is a great solution if you don't want to drop the coin on the MFC.
(or if you don't want to bring your MFC to a gig and have 97 beers spilled on it).

I keep meaning to do a YouTube demo video of the Mastermind to show the tuner functionality, etc.
Great product IMHO.

How can i get it to choose the tuner on the axe fx, it is doing the patch changes fine but, i go in to i/o and choose tuner on 5 and i press enter and it just says learn for ages.
I then press the button i want for tuner and it changes to the 5 patch not tuner.

How can i get it to choose the tuner on the axe fx, it is doing the patch changes fine but, i go in to i/o and choose tuner on 5 and i press enter and it just says learn for ages.
I then press the button i want for tuner and it changes to the 5 patch not tuner.

Doing this off of memory because I don't have the pedal (or manual) in front of me.....

I use the button at the top middle (can't remember what it's called....'Alt' or something like that).
While on that button:
Press buttoms 1&3 to get into 'edit' mode
Press button 1 until 'func' is displayed
Press button 2 until '15' (tuner CC#) is displayed.
Done.

Press 1&3 to get out of edit mode.

Now that button will turn the tuner on and off.
I set my Axe tuner to 'mute' as well, so that when i hit the button, tuner is on...guitar is silent.

Back
Top Bottom