Rivera Rockcrusher for Mic+DI IR captures?

Pwrmac7600

Power User
in reading on IR capturing it seems the Mic+DI method is what would work best for me. I am curious if the Rivera Rockcrusher would work for use as a speaker level DI since it has direct out?
Anyone use one to capture IR's yet?

I used one to capture IR's and it worked very well also with the variable line out to tone match my amps. My only gripe with the RC is that it doesn't work with my 62 bassman which has a 4 ohm load....Other than that I loved it

I just sold mine and got an ultimate attenuator :)

I used one to capture IR's and it worked very well also with the variable line out to tone match my amps. My only gripe with the RC is that it doesn't work with my 62 bassman which has a 4 ohm load....Other than that I loved it

I just sold mine and got an ultimate attenuator :)

So when you tone matched your amps, you literally tone matched just the amp, so cabinet in the mix? I was getting ready to start trying to tone match a few of my amps, and I was thinking of going about it exactly the same way.

So when you tone matched your amps, you literally tone matched just the amp, so cabinet in the mix? I was getting ready to start trying to tone match a few of my amps, and I was thinking of going about it exactly the same way.

Correct! I just tone matched the amp so I ran the line out of the rivera into the fractal. No cab in the mix. I shot that separate. It worked pretty good with my 71 Super Bass but I need to re-capture it with the ultimate attenuator. It has a 110 volt tap option which squashes it a bit (ala variac) and I plan to A/B the two and see which sounds better.

The Rockcrusher is an attenuator or load box, so I'm not sure it would be the most precise tool for capturing the amp signal in this case as other simpler DI boxes. It would work though and if it sounds good in the end you have the plus of being able to record your real amp direct with your new impulses you'll be making

Back
Top Bottom