Reveal button change to X/Y states

dbun

Experienced
This has probably been mentioned before, but I would love the ability for the Reveal button to change to X/Y mode for the IAs.
Rather than programming a "Drive 1" IA and then having to use another IA for "Drive 1 X/Y"

Curious, how would Reveal "know" which effect it needs to switch between X and Y?

I'd prefer to see the FX8-method implemented: hold a specific IA to switch between X/Y.

Curious, how would Reveal "know" which effect it needs to switch between X and Y?

I'd prefer to see the FX8-method implemented: hold a specific IA to switch between X/Y.

It simply follows what is currently assigned to that IA. So if IA10 is 'Drive 1' then when you hit reveal it becomes 'Drive 1 X/Y'

I'd be happy with the FX8 method. Sounds simpler.
Hadn't been following the FX8 thread so hadn't come across this yet. Hoping that the MFC gets updated with this functionality.

It would free up several IA's!

It simply follows what is currently assigned to that IA. So if IA10 is 'Drive 1' then when you hit reveal it becomes 'Drive 1 X/Y'

I'd be happy with the FX8 method. Sounds simpler.
Hadn't been following the FX8 thread so hadn't come across this yet. Hoping that the MFC gets updated with this functionality.

It would free up several IA's!

But how would Reveal know that it should change IA 10 and not IA 9, or other IAs?

That wouldn't be very useful IMO.

Or maybe press Reveal first, followed by the IA which needs to switched between XY?

The FX8 implementation is no good for current MFCs.
How would you know what state the the block is in?

The FX8 has two LEDs above the footswitch to indicate X or Y state - the current MFC does not have this.

That wouldn't be very useful IMO.

Or maybe press Reveal first, followed by the IA which needs to switched between XY?

That is what I was trying to describe.
You press Reveal to swap to 'X/Y mode' and then pick whichever IA you want to change.
Obviously having them all change states is not useful, but having an 'X/Y mode' that is accessed via the Reveal button would work well.

It also means you can use the LED colours to determine X/Y states. As per my post above, the push and hold method won't work on current MFCs as you won't know what state your block is currently in, as the LED indicates ON/OFF state.
Under the 'X/Y Mode' (accessed via the Reveal switch) the LED then represents X or Y state.

Hold to switch X/Y state would be great.

What I do currently is save effects in Y state as a scene and then use a dedicated switch to switch between scene 1 and scene 2. Scene 1 is effects in X state and scene 2 is effects in Y state. I have another MFC switch for Amp X/Y so that I can control the amp X/Y state separate from the effects. This gives two rigs in one preset and a lot of flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom