restoring a particular amp default value

DrNick

Inspired
Hello all. This seems like it should be well-documented, but I couldn't find it. Apologies if I've missed the obvious.

Is there a way to restore a particular knob/switch to its default value in AXE-EDIT? Double-clicking puts it at some value, but it doesn't seem always to be the default value for that amp model (the low cut frequency seems always to go to 20Hz, for example). I don't want to restore all of the more advanced parameters (which I gather is what the "UPDATE ALL DEFAULTS" feature does), but just one at a time as I tinker around.

Thanks

You can not reset just one parameter to its default value for the current amp. Resetting/initializing operates on the entire block.

Thanks yek, that's what I was afraid of.

This would be a mighty useful feature the way I tinker. Is there a reason that this is difficult to implement or something?

I really do not know. What's under the hood and how it's programmed is a mystery to me. :)

Thanks yek, that's what I was afraid of.

This would be a mighty useful feature the way I tinker. Is there a reason that this is difficult to implement or something?

I agree, would be interesting to have a reference. A workaround would be to load same amp into Y state or possibly second block. Just use for a reference and delete after not needed. I do the same thing to have "Compare" feature. Load same amp into X & Y, modify one, and switch quickly between the two to compare changes.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, I'd love to have this feature via the front panel as well. Maybe double tap something and it resets the current selected parameter to its default.

Yeah, I'd love to have this feature via the front panel as well. Maybe double tap something and it resets the current selected parameter to its default.

In the past, some digital equipment would use an Asterix or light up a LED when you hit the default value. If I recall, the pods used that method. Otherwise, perhaps there is a print out somewhere on all default values for each amp or block?

The front panel could use reset-one in addition to reset-all to default.

A set-to-zero would be nice as well.

I'm not sure if this helps for what you need. But what i do is mess around with a preset, and then select another preset and the changes to the first preset are not saved, so you still have the original preset when you go back to it.

In Axe-Edit, double clicking usually sets the knob at default, but not 100% always.

If you really wanted to, you could go to a blank preset and place another instance of the amp in question, set it to default, then just go see what the value is of the knob in question is.

In Axe-Edit, double clicking usually sets the knob at default, but not 100% always.

If you really wanted to, you could go to a blank preset and place another instance of the amp in question, set it to default, then just go see what the value is of the knob in question is.

This is 100% true. Some parameters when double clicked go to crazy settings. Like the character amount knob goes to 10 instead of zero.

Back
Top Bottom