REQ: more od/distortion pedals

jb70

Experienced
i had started a thread in the old forum about some od/drive pedals that would be great to have in the axe fx (especially for those of us who only use the axe fx for effects only).

xotic ac booster
menatone red snapper
barber small fry
barber direct drive
zen drive
mi audio crunch box
mi audio blues pro
toadworks texas flood drive
jetter gain stage purple
skreddy screwdriver

Last edited:
Can we please add the Skreddy Screwdriver to that list? The screwdriver is the only piece of gear that I miss from my pre Axe-FX days.

i had started a thread in the old forum about some od/drive pedals that would be great to have in the axe fx (especially for those of us who only use the axe fx for effects only).

xotic ac booster
menatone red snapper
barber small fry
barber direct drive
zen drive
mi audio crunch box
mi audio blues pro
toadworks texas flood drive
jetter gain stage purple

would love to see a few of these pedals added to the axe fx 2

Last edited:
bump. i'm lovin' the upgraded drive blocks in the axe II but i still think these would be worthy additions to the mix

There have been loads of drive pedal requests over the years, second only to amps. The same basic gatekeeper rules apply to both:

1) Get a schematic
2) Be able to explain how the pedal in question isn't a slight tweak of some other pedal. (In 90% of overdrive cases, that means the Tubescreamer.)

Given all the tone tweaking potentials in the AFx, there's a good chance you can get the sound you're after with some simple EQing. That's not just me, but me echoing things Cliff has said in the past.

There have been loads of drive pedal requests over the years, second only to amps. The same basic gatekeeper rules apply to both:

1) Get a schematic
2) Be able to explain how the pedal in question isn't a slight tweak of some other pedal. (In 90% of overdrive cases, that means the Tubescreamer.)

Given all the tone tweaking potentials in the AFx, there's a good chance you can get the sound you're after with some simple EQing. That's not just me, but me echoing things Cliff has said in the past.

while the drive blocks have definitely improved in the axe fx II, i still think there is room for more drive pedals. i've had the greatest success by stacking drive pedals and tweaking the mix, level, and eq parameters. keep in mind that there are those of us who don't use the amp blocks and soley rely on the drive blocks for our od/distortion patches. the more flavors, the better!

Back
Top Bottom