Replicating the Bogner Ecstasy Class A mode?

Variable

Inspired
I’m wondering if anyone here has been able to replicate class A mode on the Ecstasy models? This is the one setting, I feel, that takes my Ecstasy Classic from “fantastic” to “unreal”.

Sadly, it’s a bit of a tube killer on the real amp, which is why the Axe3 makes sense (no tubes to kill!).

I’m wondering if anyone here has been able to replicate class A mode on the Ecstasy models? This is the one setting, I feel, that takes my Ecstasy Classic from “fantastic” to “unreal”.

Sadly, it’s a bit of a tube killer on the real amp, which is why the Axe3 makes sense (no tubes to kill!).

Isn't the "Power Tube Bias Grid" parameter exactly what you are looking for?

@FractalAudio

Thanks Cliff.

So, on the Ecstasy models the PT Grid Bias is .550. How does that correspond to the actual tube bias in mA (if at all)? On my Classic, when I hit Class A mode my tubes jump from 30mA on their bias to something around 80-80mA. That's obviously more than double, so I wonder if the PT Grid Bias setting can match what the real amp is doing in that mode? Is there anything else going on with that switch other than drastically increasing the bias?

Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom