Replace Red Sound Elis.8 with studio monitors?

walnutzz

Inspired
Hi guys - I've found myself playing with headphones 95% of the time these days. When I'm not, I have a pair of Red Sound Elis.8s that sound phenomenal when cranked. Problem is that I can very rarely crank them, but even more importantly, backing tracks sound very thin through them. I'm sure that's no surprise since the speakers are designed as guitar cabs. Would switching to good studio monitors typically resolve both of those problems: better sound at low volume and fuller sound for backing tracks?

Yes!
I do use the Red Sound Elis and a pair of Studio Monitors and at low volume at home my Studio Monitors definitely do the job!

They need some EQ for tracks. I actually had success using the EQ in Stage Trax 3 on iPad and some additional on mixer. Definitely needs low end.

IMHO... keep the Red Sounds and add good monitors.
Run the monitors dry with backing tracks.... and the RSs wet.

Obviously low volume its overkill, but....its nice!

I would definitely get some studio monitors instead. The Elis 8 aren't really designed with backing tracks in mind. They're somewhere in-between traditional guitar speakers and flat response monitors. You could try and EQ them, but the results might not be satisfactory depending on how FRFR you want the end results to be.

Back
Top Bottom