RED SOUND FRFR Speakers now offered through the Fractal Audio online store!

they even had marketing graphics made up that mention Canada:
They were offered in Canada for a few days. The shipping is too much. They need to be shipped on pallets to a distributor there and it's not something we can handle at this time. There's another dealer who has some in Canada now. Look for Cosmo music.

How does the sound compare to the Atomic CLRs?

Do the drivers use neodymium magnets for light weight?
See my post #73. It's about 10lbs lighter than a CLR. Also, the pictures of the MF10 Pro/M are deceiving, it's small! The front panel is angled so I haven't needed any type of kickstand.

See my post #73. It's about 10lbs lighter than a CLR. Also, the pictures of the MF10 Pro/M are deceiving, it's small! The front panel is angled so I haven't needed any type of kickstand.

I'm seriously considering a pair of the eights for a portable stereo rig. I'm curious how they compare to the tens as far as sound quality.

Sound quality is pretty much the same (less bass but in some circumstances is better), lighter and I love the slanted back.
Have you compared them using recorded program material?

My "perfect" FRFR would be equally excellent as a guitar backline, a whole-band-mix monitor wedge and a PA speaker.

My "perfect" FRFR would be equally excellent as a guitar backline, a whole-band-mix monitor wedge and a PA speaker.
There's a long, long review thread on the Elis.8 and MF10. I think it was mentioned that they're not great for playing music through, but that was for recorded music, and may not be relevant for other instruments being played live.

Reactions: Rex
There's a long, long review thread on the Elis.8 and MF10. I think it was mentioned that they're not great for playing music through, but that was for recorded music, and may not be relevant for other instruments being played live.
Thanks. It's what I thought, but having never heard a Redsound product, I didn't know. In this case, recorded music/live music is the same thing. Like my Xitone wedge, I figured it was optimized for electric guitar at the expense of overall accuracy.

They have been designed for electric guitar and bass and even they can be used as a PA or a general music diffusion system this is not what they excel in. I have the Elis.8 in my studio and I use to compare recorded sounds with Red Sound Studio6 and Neumann KH310 studio monitor but their main use is when guitar players want to record with a loud cab and not with the main monitor in control room.

Reactions: Rex
They have been designed for electric guitar and bass and even they can be used as a PA or a general music diffusion system this is not what they excel in. I have the Elis.8 in my studio and I use to compare recorded sounds with Red Sound Studio6 and Neumann KH310 studio monitor but their main use is when guitar players want to record with a loud cab and not with the main monitor in control room.
Thank you, @Diego. Your answers are always informative, and as precise as words can be when describing subjective things like sound.

Yep. I did that. I would’ve liked to stay on the list because it used to just be a few e,ails a year about new products or a waitlist opening up. Not daily.

Back
Top Bottom