RED SOUND FRFR Speakers now offered through the Fractal Audio online store!

Thanks for that! If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a few dumb questions, to make sure I get the distinction.

Running stereo obviously entails 2 cables outta the AX-8 (or whatever).
So, in the case of the Pros, you just run one cable to each of the 2 Pros on stage.
In the case of the Actives, you run those 2 cables to the Active, and run a 3rd cable from the Active to the Passive.
Correct, so far?

Unless I'm missing something, it's sounds like a no-brainer to pay $100 more and buy 2 Actives. Or, AM I missing something here?
This sounds right to me.

The difference between 2 actives & an active & a passive is $180.
Just a couple posts ago, @Marco Fanton told me I was wrong, that the Pro isn't a mono. I don't know who to believe!!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...audio-online-store.199410/page-3#post-2484660

I think a little Italian snuck into his post. Noto means known. I think he is saying it is known as a mono only version but I could be totally wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
I'm actually watching the video now, it does seem like he refers to it as mono. 1:30 long video, though, I won't make it through the whole thing.

I should be glad to see that everyone is as confused as I am about their various models... Maybe it's time for someone with first-hand knowledge, like Red Sound, to chime in with clear information? Or, since Fractal sells them, maybe someone there could clear it up?

All the PRO/M are MONO cab (MF.10 and ELis.8).
Check the Red Sound web site (ex. for the Elis.8 - https://www.redsound.it/elis-8-pro-m - "The monophonic power amplifier, thanks to the RAW-P system...")
And directly from FAS shop: for the MF.10 PRO/M - https://shop.fractalaudio.com/red-sound-mf10-pro-10-inch-active-frfr-cabinet/ - "In comparison to the MF.10 Active, the MF.10 Pro has a single-channel amp with more power and “punch” that really shines on dynamic sounds. It features Red Sound's proprietary RAW-P technology, designed for excellent response and clarity. The MF.10 PRO also includes two different types of "THRU" outputs: the LINK OUT passes the unmodified input signal, while the PRE-OUT has an independent gain control to adjust levels. The MF.10 Pro is designed for mono applications, but a pair can be combined for use in stereo."

Could I use a couple of the passives with my matrix gt1000fx?
Yes you can (also Red Sound produces a stand alone amp (https://www.redsound.it/rpa300x) to use with Elis.8 and MF.10 NOT PRO/M and passive)
I don't remember GT1000FX output but the Red Sound one (suggested to be used with passive version of its cabs is a max 300W RMS 4 Ohm. Obviously Red Sound cabs have been designed to work with his RAW-P amp and it can not be the best with other power amps. And if it was my system I wound't go over a 300 x 8 ohm since many power amps are overbuilt

Last edited:
An an addition, I'd also like to know what happens to the "other" side of the built-in stereo amp when you run an activve Elis without connecting a second (passive) Elis. Is everything routed in mono inside the Elis? Does the power amp get bridged to mono?
I'm going to ask this directly to Red Sound since I always used my Elis.8 in stereo and let you know.

@Dpoirier . Just Asked to Red Sound. In a not PRO/M the stereo amp has separate channel. If you connect the Input Right you hear the signal in the main (active) cab. If you connect the Input Left you hear the sound only on the passive cab (even if it's amplified by the main cab). So coming back to your question: no, there's no signals summing. The stereo amp on the Elis.8 and MF.19 NOT PRO/M has two separate and distinct channels.

Reactions: rog
This sounds right to me.

The difference between 2 actives & an active & a passive is $180.
Also, setup is somewhat streamlined. Using them in stereo you just run both lines to the powered one and you don't need to run power to the passive one. I love this because I'm the frontman and typically I have a CLR on each side of the drum riser that I have to run power and signal cable to each side.

I've owned and played thru the top contenders; Atomic, Friedman, Mission, Xitone, EV and QSC. I'm a diehard Atomic user. I've had a chance to play thru the REDSOUND Pro/M a bit. (As a side note, I program my tones thru my Focal studio monitors). The CLR Neo is pretty accurate but the RS is dead on, tones and FX balance. It's not as loud as the CLR but at such a small size and weight I'll get another one.

I have 2 CLR Neo's and 1 REDSOUND. I'm changing that to 1 CLR and 2 REDSOUND. It's that good. If you're interested in a CLR, hit me up.

Last edited:
The CLR Neo is pretty accurate but the RS is dead on, tones and FX balance. It's not as loud as the CLR but at such a small size and weight I'll get another one.

I have 2 CLR Neo's and 1 REDSOUND. I'm changing that to 1 CLR and 2 REDSOUND. It's that good. If you're interested in a CLR, hit me up.
Your post definitely speaks to a question I've had, Brian. Like you, I've several options, and nothing has been as satisfying and as accurate for me as my CLR Neo.
I'm hoping that your "thumbs-up" for the Pro/Ms will apply as well to the Elis Pro, which I'm hoping to get a pair of ASAP. The smaller form factor would fit a bit better for many of my gigs, and running stereo in smaller spaces would be useful for me.
That said, I might be interested in one of your CLR Neos. If so, I'll hit you up.

I was also curious and emailed the Audio Sales folks. Answer=Red Sound products to the US only.

That's so weird. Apart from the OP text, they even had marketing graphics made up that mention Canada:

1700598425830.png

@Admin M@ Do you know why the Fractal sales folks are saying something different?

The speakers themselves are made in Italy. If I'm not mistaken, there's a separate marketing arrangement that Red Sound has w/ European countries, thru G66.
Possibly Fractal struck a deal w/ RedSound re marketing their speakers, before someone noticed the "fine print" of Red Sounds G66 arrangement?

The speakers themselves are made in Italy. If I'm not mistaken, there's a separate marketing arrangement that Red Sound has w/ European countries, thru G66.
Possibly Fractal struck a deal w/ RedSound re marketing their speakers, before someone noticed the "fine print" of Red Sounds G66 arrangement?
It's just distribution - I don't think G66 sells in Canada, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom