RED SOUND FRFR Speakers now offered through the Fractal Audio online store!

Looking at the Red Sound on Fractal's site, I see the MF-10 and MF-10-Pro at same price... ??🤔??... Anyone know what the difference is between them? What do you give up in the Pro to get these additional features for the same price?

The endorsements seem very convincing, it would be nice if their web site had a bit more info (a lot more, actually) and some decent pictures. I get it that this is early stage, just eager to find out more.

Looking at the Red Sound on Fractal's site, I see the MF-10 and MF-10-Pro at same price... ??🤔??... Anyone know what the difference is between them? What do you give up in the Pro to get these additional features for the same price?

The endorsements seem very convincing, it would be nice if their web site had a bit more info (a lot more, actually) and some decent pictures. I get it that this is early stage, just eager to find out more.
I might be wrong about this (very likely am), but I think that's the Pro/M, which is a mono cab, not meant to be used in stereo. This is the page for it on the website of the distributor here in Australia:

https://shop.independentmusic.com.au/mf-10-pro-m-monitor-for-digital-system-frfr/

I might be wrong about this (very likely am), but I think that's the Pro/M, which is a mono cab, not meant to be used in stereo. This is the page for it on the website of the distributor here in Australia:

https://shop.independentmusic.com.au/mf-10-pro-m-monitor-for-digital-system-frfr/
In the manual I linked some posts above ( https://www.redsound.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/FRFR-with-PROM.pdf) there are tables where you can easily see all the differences between “regular” and Pro/M models.

Reactions: rog
This new partnership is great to see!

Have had a pair of these MF10s for a few years now -- one powered, the other passive (powered by the first one via speak on cable). Don’t have the Pro version (yet!) — but it looks great.

The MF10s are very good sounding FRFRs (they use coaxial speaker configuration which I much prefer to using a separate tweeter approach) and for sure they are LOUD - you WILL be heard on stage!

(Personally, I like to blend one MF10 on one sided with one Atomic CLR on the other in my studio’s setup, then I get the best of both worlds. That’s how I make LiveGold TonePack sounds in fact, with both speakers placed 12-15 feet behind me, like on a stage).

The MF10 is beefy but without being boxy (which can be a problem with some other brand FRFRs) and it nicely conveys low-mids in a way that I like, while the CLR conveys high-mids in a way I like.

The MF-10 also disperses sound at a wider angle than many other brand FRFRs I have heard - that is important, so you don’t lose hearing all the highs in your sound when moving 5 feet to the left or right instead of standing all night fixed in center of your FRFR.

I could totally do a gig with an MF10 alone, or in stereo.

Happy to see this partnership, it’s a winner for Fractal Audio product users!

Long time CLR user. My MF10 Pro was delivered yesterday. Very anxious to use it!
I'd like to know what you think compared to the CLR. I was thinking about getting the Elis.8 pair because I don't need a lot of volume using in ears and the size would be wonderful.

It appears that the Elis 8 Pro speakers (which I'd like) aren't available, but the Elis 8 Actives ARE.
Can anyone confirm that? And assuming that's correct, can anyone shed light on what I'd be missing by purchasing 2 Actives?

It appears that the Elis 8 Pro speakers (which I'd like) aren't available, but the Elis 8 Actives ARE.
Can anyone confirm that? And assuming that's correct, can anyone shed light on what I'd be missing by purchasing 2 Actives?
Yeah, it looks like there is no way to add the MF-10 Pros into the cart either. The main difference between the pros & the regular actives is the pros have 40 more watts but are mono power amps. The regular actives have 40 watts less power but are stereo power amps so you would only need to add a passive cab to go stereo. Here's a link to the manual and a comparison chart that shows all the differences.

https://www.redsound.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/FRFR-with-PROM.pdf

Yeah, it looks like there is no way to add the MF-10 Pros into the cart either. The main difference between the pros & the regular actives is the pros have 40 more watts but are mono power amps. The regular actives have 40 watts less power but are stereo power amps so you would only need to add a passive cab to go stereo. Here's a link to the manual and a comparison chart that shows all the differences.

https://www.redsound.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/FRFR-with-PROM.pdf
Thanks for that! If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a few dumb questions, to make sure I get the distinction.

Running stereo obviously entails 2 cables outta the AX-8 (or whatever).
So, in the case of the Pros, you just run one cable to each of the 2 Pros on stage.
In the case of the Actives, you run those 2 cables to the Active, and run a 3rd cable from the Active to the Passive.
Correct, so far?

Unless I'm missing something, it's sounds like a no-brainer to pay $100 more and buy 2 Actives. Or, AM I missing something here?

Thanks for that! If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a few dumb questions, to make sure I get the distinction.

Running stereo obviously entails 2 cables outta the AX-8 (or whatever).
So, in the case of the Pros, you just run one cable to each of the 2 Pros on stage.
In the case of the Actives, you run those 2 cables to the Active, and run a 3rd cable from the Active to the Passive.
Correct, so far?
This sounds right to me.

Unless I'm missing something, it's sounds like a no-brainer to pay $100 more and buy 2 Actives. Or, AM I missing something here?
The difference between 2 actives & an active & a passive is $180.

I share Paulasbell's questions. I've been trying to make sense of their various model offerings, and unfortunately the table that's been circulated does not clarify everything.

An an addition, I'd also like to know what happens to the "other" side of the built-in stereo amp when you run an activve Elis without connecting a second (passive) Elis. Is everything routed in mono inside the Elis? Does the power amp get bridged to mono?

Having scrutinized that table several times, I can come up with a hypothetical answer regarding the distinctions between the various models, but I may be completely wrong about many assumptions. I'm following this thread as more answers are trickling in.

Back
Top Bottom