RECTO!!!We finally got it right!!

The modern Red is instant 'chunk chunk' new metal for me - I need that tone for two songs in my main band... now they are better than ever. Check out FAS Modern II... that's a VERY cool aggressive angry tone right up the Recto sort of alley.

I did check out the FAS 2 and I love it! It already sounds descent without tweaking it! But after tweaking, total chunk!

If I could give Cliff my Groove Tube Soul o 75 so he can put it in the Axe Fx 2, I will have almost my whole amp collection in one box.
I would like to share this amp with my fellow Axe Fx freaks! It's a beautiful sounding amp!

Used my recto orange vintage patch with the new recto IR (46 or something) and it sat really well in the band mix at practice (we use a jam hub and ears). Will try it out live tomorrow.

I did check out the FAS 2 and I love it! It already sounds descent without tweaking it! But after tweaking, total chunk!

I think I just left all defaults on my patch , what did you adjust ( I like the way you dialed in your other patches so I "like" your settings approach :) )

Presence 2.50 (wich should be noon in the real amp settings)

If you're referring to the notes in the firmware about the Recto's Presence/HiCut: that applies only to the Modern modes. I'm guessing Orange Vintage is used in these clips.

"Note that the Orange Modern and Red Modern models have no negative feedback and therefore the Presence control is a Hi Cut control. The operation of this control is reversed as compared to the actual amp. If the amp’s Presence control is fully clockwise the corresponding setting of the model’s Hi Cut control is fully ccw. Also note that the model’s Hi Cut control has about twice the range of the actual amp so fully ccw on the amp is equal to about noon on the model"

If you're referring to the notes in the firmware about the Recto's Presence/HiCut: that applies only to the Modern modes. I'm guessing Orange Vintage is used in these clips.

"Note that the Orange Modern and Red Modern models have no negative feedback and therefore the Presence control is a Hi Cut control. The operation of this control is reversed as compared to the actual amp. If the amp’s Presence control is fully clockwise the corresponding setting of the model’s Hi Cut control is fully ccw. Also note that the model’s Hi Cut control has about twice the range of the actual amp so fully ccw on the amp is equal to about noon on the model"

No it's orange modern in those clips

I tried the vintage mode too and it's good but not with that IR. Better IR for vintage mode was almost the same OH V32 sm57 but "BM 1"....those clips had "BV 1"

Yes, there are SoundCloud problems. It happens to me on Chrome OS X.
Thanks Webb, for sharing that it is happening to you on Firefox.

I have an open ticket with them.

Sounds pretty good.....but I'd need that grit to go.

Yes, there are SoundCloud problems. It happens to me on Chrome OS X.
Thanks Webb, for sharing that it is happening to you on Firefox.

I have an open ticket with them.

I noticed it a few days ago, wondered whether it was my XP/IE8 P4, but no. Doesn't always happen, though happened on this thread, however refreshing worked. No problems in any of these cases with going straight to the clip's page, though, played right away. Makes me think there is an issue with streaming traffic and perhaps bandwidth restriction on things that get too much...

I think I just left all defaults on my patch , what did you adjust ( I like the way you dialed in your other patches so I "like" your settings approach :) )

Thank you! I spent hours making patches with the Ultra for almost 3 years! Lol!

The SoundCloud problem seems to have gone away? I think it was their server. Can anyone else confirm this?

Back
Top Bottom