Recording Tips > DAW ready patch

mak

Inspired
Hi All

Need a bit of a steer on creating a DAW ready patch so I can DI from the axe and get a good high gain sound that sits in the mix.

Reason for this is my band is half way through recording a few tracks and the other guitarist has left.
We've been using solely his ENGL head mic'd up for the guitars, as the engineer is very anti - emulation. An Axe hater! I talked him into testing DI back when we first started recording but he wasn't impressed with it (and it didn't sound anywhere near as good as it does in my phones!). one of his comments was that it didn't have the warmth and smoothness of the ENGL and also no room around it. Apparently this is impossible to achieve without mic'ing up a real cab with expensive mics.

I want to prove him wrong!! I have insisted we now use the Axe, so I need it to blow him away...

Lots of people on here post awesome high gain tracks all the time, so I'm hoping some of you can help me... with as little post processing as possible in the DAW?

Thanks in advance

Hi man,
So you need good sounding preset to reamp your tracks?
I could help you with this task :) I like to blow away those warm\analog\tube masturbators:)))
Send me your DI and sample of that mic'd up ENGL magic

cheers

Thanks Detch, when you say to send my DI do you mean the patch (syx) or a recording?

Ah I see so you would like a clean signal from the AxeFX. Thanks for this - I will try and get the recording of the ENGL from the studio... that is possibly going to prove difficult I don't think he wants to help me switch over to the Axe...

Back
Top Bottom