Recording in Logic - panning issue?

tederius

Hey everyone, first post here. Recently bought myself the Axe, and having an awesome time experimenting around with it. So I've been hooking it up to my Mac via USB, and I'm trying to record some rhythm guitars. Problem is I can't seem to pan the tracks when in Logic?! It seems to affect the volume somewhat, but not even panning it slightly. Anyone know what the problem is?

+1. You need to set up a stereo track. Also, are you panning in the Axe or in Logic itself? It is better to pan in Logic than in the Axe. That way, you'll have the freedom to change the pan parameters post-recording, if you need to.

You don't need to set up a stereo track if panning in Logic, a mono track should still pan fine as long as the main output is stereo (in fact it's probably preferable if your source material is mono).

If you have a mono track in Logic and you're panning in the Axe though then that's not gonna work!

You don't need to set up a stereo track if panning in Logic, a mono track should still pan fine as long as the main output is stereo (in fact it's probably preferable if your source material is mono).

If you have a mono track in Logic and you're panning in the Axe though then that's not gonna work!

how do i disable the output from the axe so i can only hear the output from logic?

I usually just have a mono track, then if I want to get the stereo sound, just double the track and pan left and right. I feel like panning through the Axe muds the sound a bit

Back
Top Bottom