Recalling saved FX presets question

Stratman68

Axe-Master
How do I do this with the front panel? I know my saved FX presets need to be stored somewhere (where and how) on the axe for this to work-And then of course need to pull them up. So...................... a little direction would be most appreciated. OR am left only with copy the fx from another preset?
Thanks Folks

How do I do this with the front panel? I know my saved FX presets need to be stored somewhere (where and how) on the axe for this to work-And then of course need to pull them up. So...................... a little direction would be most appreciated. OR am left only with copy the fx from another preset?
Thanks Folks

Are you talking about the saved blocks in axe-edit? I don't think you can access those blocks from Axe front panel. I think these are saved on your computer, with no access direct from front panel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

From Manual:

ONBOARD ROM BACKUP & RESTORE

The Axe-Fx II contains an internal FLASH ROM where PRESET BANKS and SYSTEM SETTINGS may be stored for speedy recovery without a computer. The contents of the FLASH ROM are not overwritten or modified during firmware updates or when you restore presets, banks, or the system from SysEx backup files.

Select the appropriate entry on the UTILITY: PRESET page and press ENTER to begin the backup or restore.

BACKUP BANK A, B or C copies a group of 128 presets to the onboard backup ROM. Bank A contains presets 0-127, B contains 128-255, and C contains 256-383 (or 1-128, 129-256, and 257-384 when DISPLAY OFFSET is turned ON). A meter indicates progress. It takes less than 10 seconds for a backup to complete.

RESTORE BANK A, B, or C reads a group of 128 presets from the onboard backup ROM and writes these into the onboard preset memories of the Axe-Fx II when you press ENTER to execute the selected function.

Thanks Folks

Are you talking about the saved blocks in axe-edit? I don't think you can access those blocks from Axe front panel. I think these are saved on your computer, with no access direct from front panel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe lp59 is right here. I think FX presets are only in axe-edit, so copy fx from other preset is the way when using frontpanel only.
Maybe one the wizards would like to chime in on this?

/Mike

I believe lp59 is right here. I think FX presets are only in axe-edit, so copy fx from other preset is the way when using frontpanel only.
Maybe one the wizards would like to chime in on this?

/Mike

you got it for the most part. However, you can also use global effects for this.

From Manual:

ONBOARD ROM BACKUP & RESTORE

The Axe-Fx II contains an internal FLASH ROM where PRESET BANKS and SYSTEM SETTINGS may be stored for speedy recovery without a computer. The contents of the FLASH ROM are not overwritten or modified during firmware updates or when you restore presets, banks, or the system from SysEx backup files.

Select the appropriate entry on the UTILITY: PRESET page and press ENTER to begin the backup or restore.

BACKUP BANK A, B or C copies a group of 128 presets to the onboard backup ROM. Bank A contains presets 0-127, B contains 128-255, and C contains 256-383 (or 1-128, 129-256, and 257-384 when DISPLAY OFFSET is turned ON). A meter indicates progress. It takes less than 10 seconds for a backup to complete.

RESTORE BANK A, B, or C reads a group of 128 presets from the onboard backup ROM and writes these into the onboard preset memories of the Axe-Fx II when you press ENTER to execute the selected function.

Thanks but this has nothing to do with my question. I use this feature everyday since axe edit died.

Back
Top Bottom