Recabinet WAV format IR libraries return

Kazrog

Hello all,

It's been ages since I last posted here, but I have some cool news to report. As some of you may be aware, when Recabinet first launched in late 2008, it was a pack of IRs. Gradually, it morphed into its own FX plugin for Mac and PC recording software, and the IR library was phased out, for reasons that now seem pretty silly to me. Many of my users are also Axe FX users, who have live and studio workflows that demand consistent tone. Why not give guitarists more options?

In total, the 3 volumes span over 3000 individually recorded IRs. The overall philosophy is to provide mix-ready sounds, as opposed to overly tweaky options that you could far more predictably use a parametric EQ for.

(More info here)

If you have any questions, just reply below.

PS - these IRs are provided as WAV format only, just in case that wasn't clear. :)

Last edited:
Very cool. I just picked up Recab4 and KClip this weekend. Will certainly took into this. Thank you for news update.

Very cool. I just picked up Recab4 and KClip this weekend. Will certainly took into this. Thank you for news update.

Thanks! PS - if you have the Recabinet 4 plugin, you also get access to the Recabinet v3+v4 IRs in WAV format as a bonus download already.

Bonus! Verified among the numerous product download files. Got the zip and will check them out. Thank you.

Question: Can you advise whether they are minimum phase transformed or not?

Last edited:
Whoa, hold on. Kind of a topic derail here, but I gotta say: I got some time to mess with the new KClip and...oh my. This clipper is comparable to my normal goto from Fabfilter. It's interface is not as "pretty" and doesn't have as many options but it doesn't need it, it's absolutely a superior clipper plug. The oversampling controls aliasing extremely well, simply the most valuable feature in my opinion. Very well done sir, very impressive. An unbelievable value at under 20 clams. Highly recommended.

Thanks! Yeah, good quality oversampling is essential in any digital nonlinear processing - it's one of the reasons why the Axe FX units sound so great, also.

Looks like a good Value, has anyone checked them out? I am curious how they stand up against Ownhammer & ML in terms of organic sound/feel and "cleanliness" . You know how some IR's are just "dirty" for lack of a better term.

Yeah I bought the 3 & 4 pack purely for the bass cabs - I like'em!

thanks
Pauly

Looks like a good Value, has anyone checked them out? I am curious how they stand up against Ownhammer & ML in terms of organic sound/feel and "cleanliness" . You know how some IR's are just "dirty" for lack of a better term.

Are those clips done with Axe Fx?

No, and some of them are done with my native VST/AU/AAX amp modeler plugin, Thermionik (which is part of the Recabinet 4 plugin.) Others may be done with a variety of amp sims or outboard gear. Still, they give you a good idea of what some of the IRs sound like. You should have no problem getting comparable results with an Axe FX II in particular.

Kazrog, a bit off topic, but there are low-level rumblings that more Recabinet amps are potentially inbound. Any info you can share or is it top secret for now? Thanks in advance.

20 new amp models are coming to the plugin very soon. New cabinet IRs won't be released for a while, though. I really don't want to take this OT, out of respect for this community, so if you are interested in the latest inside scoop, check the official Kazrog forum at KVR.

I'll take the risk of being off topic again....but "something wicked this way comes"...very soon. ;)

Edit 01/21/16: It's coming today!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom