RCF NX12 SMA cover

SparkyG

Experienced
hi all

I am expecting delivery of the cover for this monitor next week.

Does anyone have this cover and has anyone run the monitor in the case?

As there is no fan and it never gets too hot (or even barely warm) it would be great to run in its case (with the top open of course) for gigs when I'm playing on the floor of a pub with no stage, and the audience are up close etc. Would add some protection at least

See the pic at : RCF - COVER NX 12-SMA
this shows the cover open with the monitor inside.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I have done a few rehearsals with my band with the RCF in the cover. Did run it at least a couple of hours at medium volume without noticing any excessive heat on the unit at the end of it so I guess it should be OK!

Since you also have the side zipper open for all the cabling i suppose it gets all the cooling it needs!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Some gigs the crowd get a bit close and I don't want my RCF to get battered since they cost a fair amount.
I really like the way the connections are on the side ( unlike my buddy's Alto) so at least they are protected.. So my biggest worry of course is someone spilling a pint into the speaker cone itself, That wouldnt be good, but can't really protect against it.
Exceptnkeepingma close watch on anyone getting too close and being ready with my foot to push them back :)

Cheers.

could you stick some clingfilm over the grille? wouldn't affect the sound at all, i suspect and would protect from light spillage...?

could you stick some clingfilm over the grille? wouldn't affect the sound at all, i suspect and would protect from light spillage...?

Could you elaborate a bit? What type of clingfilm? Why wouldn't this affect the sound?

(I hope this doesn't come off as pesamistic, just want to understand this better)

Thanks!

well standard clingfilm, i guess...i have never tried it. it's very thin so i'm guessing it won't affect the sound at all....

it's so thin though, it would probably get ripped really easily

not a great solution, to be honest...

Ok...thanks for the follow up.
Was just curious if this was something that you had experimented with and/or had a lot of experience with.

I'm always trying to find new ways to 'idiot proof' my monitor (and other gear).
It's amazing how much booze ends up on my gear....my midi controller drinks more than I do.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Some gigs the crowd get a bit close and I don't want my RCF to get battered since they cost a fair amount.
I really like the way the connections are on the side ( unlike my buddy's Alto) so at least they are protected.. So my biggest worry of course is someone spilling a pint into the speaker cone itself, That wouldnt be good, but can't really protect against it.
Exceptnkeepingma close watch on anyone getting too close and being ready with my foot to push them back :)

Cheers.

Try the Keith Richards move if they get too close...

Back
Top Bottom