Wish Randomizer for individual blocks

Keith White

Experienced
One of the coolest features of the Eventide H9 pedal is the randomizer button. You click it and it does randome settings for all the parameters within the block or algorhythm sometimes gives great new sounds you wouldnt think of otherwise. Would love to see that in the axe fx 3

One of the coolest features of the Eventide H9 pedal is the randomizer button. You click it and it does randome settings for all the parameters within the block or algorhythm sometimes gives great new sounds you wouldnt think of otherwise. Would love to see that in the axe fx 3
huh, always wondered what that button did on H9 - cool

I think it may be a cool way to model component tolerances, specifically in the amp block. It would be cool I think if you could hit the button, and it would randomize some of the deep parameters constrained by what realistic values would be based real world component tolerances - 1% resistors here, 20% capacitors there and so on. It might also be nice if it would generate a random seed that could be loaded into other people's devices for the same deep parameter modifications.

I don't think that would be very useful. Some extreme values, or combinations, result in unusable sounds.
Just turn knobs.
It is not supposed to be useful, it is supposed to be a random and fun way to explore things you might never think of. However I mostly agree with you because I personally do not think it would work on fractal units, but the idea is fun. The H9 is build on singular presets/algorithms that often do a lot but have limited controls with a UI based on what might be on an actual pedal, meaning limited control to the user so it makes sense to allow this feature. You can see right away what was changed. On a Fractal they would have to so something similar which would require restricting which values can be tweaked to try to keep the results somewhat musical.. It would be a lot of work and would require a similar UI as the H9 with one page showing all the affected controls in a single view. I cannot imagine hitting a random button and getting a sound that was fun but not quite there and having to dig through all the menus to find that one parameter that is off.. especially for someone that does not like to tweak so much..

Back
Top Bottom